Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I dont drive with pribluda so I just feel my way around the track when I drive and Im clueless to what the wear rate is or how its distributed from race to race. Once Ive done a long run test I know what to expect and sort of take it from there.

My temps arent that much different with or without the patch. I do tend to overdrive the car with a certain regularity and that produces higher temps still. I think diff and ramp angle settings probably plays into it , along with driving style. Im moving away from 85/xx setups towards 60/xx to begin with and trying to change my style towards more throttle input and less steering input. Drove a 60/30 with 1 cluth at Aintree and the wear rate seemed somewhat increased in that race but hard to say as I never drove the same distance with 85/45 wich is what I usually drive. So it might not be the same for all in these terms but what I think is a common denominator is that we are all a bit slower on avg.

Thanks for the welcome and explaining guys! Looks like I'm set to join you on Thurday night, I will take the Brabham if that's all right

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fleurke View Post
    I will take the Brabham if that's all right
    Just to tell, I'm driving Eagle in this league, maybe a little unfair...but on the other hand, you can surely beat me in a BRM

Thats great news Robert. Lets hope for a good one on thursday. And the brabham sounds sensible. From what Ive seen in oAo youre pretty darn quick in that thing as well. Should bode for a close race up front as Pelle has shown some pretty serious pace in practice and Andrč will be looking to scrape as many points together as possible before mexico. Its gonna be tight in the midfield as well. Good stuff..

Hi All,
    I have a weird problem when running the DG patch. I mentioned it to Pelle and he also observes the same thing.

When I start a GPL session with DG patched my set up's don't seem to reflect the gear ratios set in GPL Set up manager. Also changing the ratios don't seem to be accepted after hitting the green button. A way around this seems to be to also change something else in the drivetrain menu (Such as Clutches). And then after saving go back and reset the clutches to their previous setting.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

TIA

TTFN
    John.
    1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced
    Look at 3 of your closest friends
    If they seem ok it's probably you.

Beat it to fit, Paint it to match

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3

This has to do with the "race" and "current" setups you are running if Im not mistaken. If race is set to default you will experience this weirdness. Once you choose a setup for both, changes and such should be accepted as normal.

Hi John,

it's like Dag said. It has to do this the fact that dirtgearpatch is made for INT mode too (and in this case it's really a dirtgearpatch).

Every time the driver goes to track the patch restores the gear ratios of the first four gears (so in case of ShiftR in INT mode the changed gear ratios changed back automatically). For this refreshing the values from race setup are used.
    So the message to all is: Every time you change anything at the gear box please save the Setup and declare it to race Setup! Then all work like it should.
    Have a nice time in England!
    BR Olaf

Ah ok, Thanks for the explanation. It all makes sense now. It was driving me nuts this week I thought I was going mad.
    I'm sad I'll miss Mexico but to be honest I can't wait to get away even if it will probably be cold, wet and windy. I'm hoping I can find a reliable Wifi connection and watch the live stream.

TTFN
    John.
    1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced
    Look at 3 of your closest friends
    If they seem ok it's probably you.

Beat it to fit, Paint it to match

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3