Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by André View Post
    This was my own fault, Tim. I should have backed off and just waited. Instead I tried to go for one of the sides passing you straight away, but then I saw a car spinning on the left side of you and just messed it up and went off.
    It? a pitty -you were pressuring real hard and that drove me into the grass.. I should have stayed there and let you pass -that would have been fair. Sorry!

Grats Robert for a solid win, Dag for a good 2nd and Tim for 3rd! Great driving . Bad luck DNFs. Pity what happened to Rainer and André at last lap.

Training: Was able to reach my old lap time and make a pb for Eagle in training mode.
    Prequal went well, but some testing next day(s) the car was too loose in rear for me, adjusted this well setup a bit. Before the race I had tamed the car again.

The start of the race was (surprisingly) good in such a tight grid. Afterwards it was to try drive consistently laps until the pit stop. In the middle of second stint a nice fight against Tago. I had fresher tires, but I was not close enough to pass so easily, but then Tago got a spin.

When reach the finish, I suddenly was in fourth place. Only after the race is it possible to find out what really happened in the race. Anyways a great race again.

Thanks for race and for the first half of the 2022 season! See you next!

Code:
      PITSTOP LISTING

30:24	 40.7s	R.Fleurke	Tire change/Refuel
      30:34	 41.8s	D.Johnsen	Tire change/Refuel
      31:23	 47.5s	B.Finnestad	Tire change/Refuel
      32:19	 42.3s	A.Jahren	Tire change/Refuel
      33:20	 47.5s	O.Lehmann	Tire change/Refuel
      33:45	 40.8s	T.Roedl		Tire change/Refuel
      45:11	 91.3s	S.Gore		Repair/Tire change
    First congratulations to Robert, Dag, Tim and all finishers!

At latest after the qualifying, it was clear to me that only Tago and Seb would be within my reach. All others would take off too fast for me on this airfield.
    I was able to leave Seb behind me; to leave Tago behind me, two spins were too much: once I got into the curbs at Becketts and the second time I spun on the entry to my pit stop. I knew it would be dangerous, but in the stress of the race I was too careless.
    After the end of the race I did a lap of honour - mainly in honour of Tago (honour to whom honour is due - how do you manage to get through the race so well without changing the tyres?)
    After the lap of honour I saved the replay and shortly afterwards I was disconnected from the server - thinking I had only finished eighth.
    Only later - when I had started the RA - did I realise that I was sixth.

@Seb: The waved flags are really confusing when you're racing just before the leader. I have often heard that people then finish their race too early. In the EOLC there used to be a really weird rule that if you didn't finish the race you didn't get any points. That sometimes caused quite a bit of chaos.
    The F1Legends rules makes more sense. This time you got off lightly because if you had kept going you would still have been ninth - but if you had lapped once less you would have given away two places. If in doubt, maybe it's better to go one lap further.

Another question for the admins: In the last few months we've mostly had wide starting grids. Have you forgotten to change the start grids or is it intentional?
    I would prefer to know what to expect before the race, becsause on some tracks, if the grid is narrow, I'd rather hold back in qualifying so that I'm sure to be on the last row.

A good time to all in summer break! See u all in August - I hope.

BR Olaf

Grid edit has most likely just been forgotten for a couple of rounds. We will have it back for next round. It does sharpen the senses tho...

I had a great time at Silverstone because I had a battle during the whole race.

I started with the doubt of whether I would have to stop or not to finish but as Olaf had a lap down and I overtook him I had to try to finish without recovering tires.

That made me to be paired many laps with Bjorn, until the tire wear made me make a mistake and Bjorn could overtake me, but not before getting a good scare when I got in the middle of his line.

Great Bjorn

My apologies to Robert because when he was going to overtake me when I opened up to leave the inside and let off the gas almost caused him to touch me from behind ... luckily it was all just a scare.

Then the influx of cars that were lapping me and letting them pass together with the drop in pace needed to hold the car and take it to the finish line made me think that Olaf would catch me.... it wasn't like that but it was a close call.

Great battle Olaf

Good summer to all

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator and reviewed by me

Quote Originally Posted by tagomago View Post
    My apologies to Robert because when he was going to overtake me when I opened up to leave the inside and let off the gas almost caused him to touch me from behind ... luckily it was all just a scare.

Good summer to all

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator and reviewed by me
    Not your fault José Luis, I made the mistake to stay right behind you when you wanted to let me by. You also lost more time due to it and arguably lost a position to Bjorn...

Have a great summer(break) all!

Hi Folks,
    I saw the chequered flag and stopped. After watching the replay I realised what Robert was doing, trying to tell me I had one more lap.... D'oh!
    Thanks for trying Robert.
    Otherwise the race was a bit rubbish for me, my car was really slow for some reason compared to you guys. Really obvious on the straights where everyone just disappeared into the distance. I seemed to keep pace through the corners, just. Would any of the Lotus drivers mind letting me have a look at their Silverstone setup? I just want to see where I got mine so wrong.
    Bit of a messy race for me, but I have a few weeks to get sharper. Kansas seems nice (Toto?), See y'all for part two
    Hang in there Andre
    Cheers,
    Seb.

Seb,

it is my opinion that setups are personal. It has to do with skills, driving style, hardware and settings like linearity etc. But I have attached my hotlap setup and 60fps replay from 2020. Not sure if it's good for a race, but it might give you some pointers. Note that I do left foot braking and do trailbrake (brakebias), and use 8:1 steering ratio at 540 degrees wheel rotation.

But TBH I think you need to try to focus on your driving style (even when you can make gains with the setup), and mostly on your exit speed. Try to get an as early exit as possible. What helps a lot is using enough rotation (diff settings) but it depends on your skill level. You have come already a long way, especially when you chose the difficult road starting with dirtgearpatch, rather than the already very difficult GPL physics in itself.

Try to watch replays, and analyze them in GPL replay analyzer, or compare to your own laps. Then you can see what the faster guys do different. That's enough for now.

Best of luck and keep at it Seb!
    Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Robert,
    Thanks for donating your setup. My main interest is comparing the feel through the phases of the corners and comparing the suspension settings. Hey, a fast setup is still a fast setup no matter who is driving it. Ok, my driving technique may not match that setup, but it's still a quick car.
    I'm also going to compare gearing and diff settings to understand how they affect the speed. I was really slow down the straights compared to everyone else and I couldn't work out if it was my exit speed or the gearing. Your kindly donated setup will give me a good benchmark.
    Thanks you also for the encouragement. I so enjoyed racing at Surfers Paradise but got such a comedown at Silverstone, I thought drastic action was required. Don't worry, the difficulty (or is that just how difficult those wonderful machines were to drive?), is what I love about this sim
    Looking forward to the second half of the season. See you later!
    Thanks again,
    Seb.