Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    André, to compare, my reartires wear was in the mid40s after 20 laps, and less wear on the fronts. So I always try to setup the car more stable than normal (without DGP), because later in the run you will get more oversteer due to loss of rear grip.

And yesterday I was able to keep the laptimes quite flat, apart from the occasional "bad" lap.

Code:
      PITSTOP LISTING

4:13	 38.7s	D.Johnsen	Repair
      22:06	 37.8s	D.Yourth	Repair
      29:53	 37.2s	A.Jahren	Tire change/Refuel
      31:06	 39.6s	O.Lehmann	Tire change/Refuel
      31:59	 45.0s	B.Finnestad	Tire change/Refuel
      32:35	 38.1s	R.Fleurke	Tire change/Refuel
      37:52	 37.3s	R.Alpen		Tire change
      47:31	 42.3s	D.Yourth	Repair
      50:07	 40.7s	O.Lehmann	Repair
      55:58	 39.8s	D.Yourth	Tire change

3 * D.Yourth
      2 * O.Lehmann
      1 * A.Jahren
      1 * R.Fleurke
      1 * R.Alpen
      1 * B.Finnestad
      1 * D.Johnsen
    I was sad because of the only nine participants.
    However, contrary to expectations, the race was not that uninteresting. Well, Dag dropped out early, but it seems everyone else had at least one sparring partner. I am particularly pleased about Seb, who was still ahead of me three laps before the end. Unfortunately, he then had some kind of problem - maybe just too little fuel? But in any case, it's clear that it won't be so easy for me to stay ahead of you in the next races, Seb.

It's a mystery to me how you all manage to enter the May turn from the left. If I don't stay far to the right, I spin like a top because of the jump there.
    And the second mystery is Tagomago. How do you manage to get through on a track like that without changing tyres? Hats off!

Because of the expected low number of participants, it will be quite difficult to motivate me to train. And without training, I'm sure I'll look very bad on the many routes that are unknown to me. Well...

BR Olaf

Goddamn Im still in limbo , gonna have to pull myself together and really start practicing again. Poorly prepped yesterday , we have an occupation situation going on with one of the cats concerning the drivers seat. Tried to compensate in - race as I found a little more in Q and figured I could study Andre and Robert to try to isolate where they were faster than me and just up the stakes at those places , fatal error that ended where it deserved.

Total disaster but next time out will be much better...

Good start at first race in the new season. Jops have a good flow, fast and slow corners, crests over the blind corners, top graphics and maybe one of the best fantasy tracks.

Looking forward to the rest of this season scheduled.

This track is dangerous as there is no sight over the jumps if something should happen, and yes, the pit exit. Well done driving and those conditions was managed so well.

Grats to Robert, André and Rainer, the podium made a salute for Jops!

Bad luck Dag, hope for better next, this is only the first race of season.

For me, Eagle was again my car. I like generally to switch between cars and mods, but in league-race its always the same dark blue car (exception is only two races in 2008GPLWC (reserve driver) with Cooper and Honda respectively in Monaco). I have wanted to change it every new year, but have not quite found the comfortable car maybe, but there is a lot that is good about the Eagle.

Testing was fun but did a lot of spins. Had to increase ride hight to 9 cm. or so and had to learn be careful and add some steady throttle over the hardest hilltops. Wear was hard at the rears (here too). The slow corners were difficult, and I had to be careful not to get spinning the rears.

The race was fun, not the most demanding this race for me, as it was I who chased others for the most part this time. First it was Rainer some laps and after the pit-stop I was chasing Tago @: no problem, this is race. I got to save a little on the tires, and I had no reason to rush with overtaking attempts as I already was not far from the limits. Well driving in joined team Eagle.

Overall, a great season start. Thanks for race all!

A Cooper sweep!

Grats on a fine win, Robert. Well done to both Andre and Rainer for taking the other podium spots.

A dismal run for me. I had far too many errors principally with the 'yump' which I've never managed to figure out. A complete roll of the dice as whether or not I'm going to survive any given pass. Glad to put this one in my rear view mirror.

Thanks guys.

As for the jump at May, I got away with only using 1 1/2in/3.81cm bumprubbers and slightly more wheelrates. Also I tried to not overdo the jump/entry speed and keep the car on the inside. But in my 2nd stint twice got it wrong, and bottomed out, only to just save the car

Raising ride height will bring the center of gravity upwards, which is not good for handling. So if possible, bump rubbers and wheelrates are my first adjustments to avoid bottoming out.

I did use the braking markers on the left for the timing when to slow down and to turn in.

In many cases/tracks to avoid bottoming out you will need all 3 adjustments, more wheelrates, bigger bump rubbers and more ride height.

Tough race Doni, but at times you had some good pace I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fleurke View Post
    André, to compare, my reartires wear was in the mid40s after 20 laps, and less wear on the fronts. So I always try to setup the car more stable than normal (without DGP), because later in the run you will get more oversteer due to loss of rear grip.

And yesterday I was able to keep the laptimes quite flat, apart from the occasional "bad" lap.
    I do not drive with Pribluda so I have no insight in to my tire wear.

In the race I totally lost the grip on my front tires, so I need to spend more time on my race setups this year. And probably install Pribluda ;-)