GPL Simulator-Cockpit

After driving GPL from 1998 with countless steering wheel & pedal setups, the time has come to try a cockpit...but what's good & what's not good
    My previous setups, with tables, chairs & sofa have given many problems. The table moves, the steering wheel loosens, pedals disappear under the table & it always happens in the middle of a race.

Have searched & found this from Next Level Racing, please help if it can be done better

I have been frustrated by desk setups since I began driving GPL. I have contemplated a rig but couldn't justify it.
    I have been through various evolutions of devices to try to stabilize a desk with some success but during the first lockdown in spring I decided I would do an update... now everything is fixed nicely in place, no more wheel slipping off and i can stand on the brake pedal to my heart's content
    Attached Images Attached Images

@Roo, Thanks for the photos.
    You’ve really managed to pin it down so it doesn’t move.
    In the new house I got my own play room & the chance to get my first cockpit. A few days after I wrote this thread I could not wait & if I am lucky it will be delivered today.
    Once it is received & collected, I will write whether it's good or wrong purchase to my G27. Also ordered stand for monitor.

i'm looking forward to the report

Quote Originally Posted by rouenfrance View Post
    i'm looking forward to the report
    It seems it takes some time, delivery 2-3 days? Ordered Tuesday...still nothing? Komplett is a Norwegian company. André & Dag, what happens in Norway

Edit: Exactly one week now, nothing Really hoped to be ready for Rouen
    Edit2: Finally I got new, delivered on Monday (let's see now)...2-3 days that almost turned into 2 weeks
    Edit3: Today, nothing...SMS from today says tomorrow & then it will be exactly 14 days delivery, really nice

Edit4: 2-3 days that became exactly 15 days. That box was heavy, 2 men carried it in. Seems to be quality & a really good price.

Edit5: All F-GT is assembled + stand for screen, decided to get a new screen that has just arrived...report is on its way
    Only boring, can not find my new G27 steering wheel + gearshift (hopefully located in a moving box) right now fitted with the old.
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 28-11-20 at 23:20.

F-GT Finish

Finally I can write about the F-GT, it's solid & very heavy, but also some minuses.

+
    Everything is neatly in the box & a very easy assembly guide, also the box for screen.
    Easy to push seat back & forth, as in a car.
    Lots of holes & my G27 wheel, pedals & gear, easy to find the hole that fit, the screws were in the box.
    The box for mounting a screen is of the same quality, with arms that can be folded out to 3 screens.
    Really good chair/seat + extra backrest included.

-
    1 out of 3 screws on each side would not enter when mounting the backrest on the seat.
    When setting the back tilt, cumbersome having to take out 2 screws, find a new point before finding your driving position. Ok, maybe only needed the first time, but if someone else wants to try & change. Well it's not like that in a car when, for example, the wife has driven.
    The shelf for the steering wheel is also iron, unfortunately with a little edges, take care of the legs when you jump down & out.

Once everything is set up, seat set & you sit in this F-GT, can only say amazing

I made it a little cumbersome for myself & it took 'almost' as long to finish as with delivery.
    A bit awkward to use PC when the screen is screwed onto the F-GT, ordered a new one. The choice was an AOC (CQ32G1 31.5") mostly for the design with the black/red.
    Due to moving, the first gearshift I found was fitted & it went completely wrong in GPL, no pedals? Spent a lot of time until I discovered, it was the one for G25.
    Now everything works & I have been in iGOR & tested on Monza10K.
    Things I am missing: Finding a good placement for keyboard + speakers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad you finally received it and have got it all set up and ready to race.
    It's always annoying when screws don't fit, poor design on an otherwise quality product. I would have expected an easy seat back adjust like the sliding seat but I guess they assume only one driver will use it.
    It's also odd that they have not thought of adding speaker + keyboard mounts, they are kind of essential for sim racing, non!?
    It does look solid though, Pelle, I look forward to seeing you on track