Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DQs have been a topic before and Robert is right. What we have said is keep going and we will sort it out after the race. This is easy to forget in the moment though as its not really a topic from race to race.

The only gpl ruling we let stand in game is false starts. All others are overridden and sorted out by race control post race.

Grats to Rainer and to Robert, great driving! Well done finishers and commiserations to the DNF's/DQ's!

In training I set new pb, thanks to Robert’s setups . Not as much adjusting for my driving style, brake balance up to 53 or so. Mexico is a hard track to do well as commented too, this time was my first improves first time for long time ago. The two last years I spent lot of adjusting or try other setups for the race.

Qual was backward to some time ago when it comes to lap time, not so happy but ok to a well starting grid. Then the choice of pitstop strategy was clear for to go a heavy Eagle the first laps.

From the start it was lot of actions, incredibly good driving to do this so well all over the starting field. Three cars wide in a race is respect (not as good as in real F1 todays but close, to move head in a sim is not the same.)

I was surprised coming up to second position in middle of race. Robert was decreasing distance fast from behind. When 27 rounds had passed, over the 80 percent limit I could bet a little more, then did a try to speed up careful. Had to try avoiding loose driving line and see back when the Cooper was coming in mirrors, especially those actions slowed speed. It was just question of time when Robert did overtake. Fun driving these laps, and the right move Rob, go to right side inside T1 when my faster Eagle at straights come back in tow. Anyway, I had been stupid if I had done a overtake try there, I am way too slow in this curved brake section.

A podium is a surprise, great fun driving here at Mexico. Thanks for race! See you all at next race, then new track.

Thanks For the info concerning DQ.
    First I thought to continue the race but then I said to myself, no use, if you risk to disturb the race of another racer when you are DQ'd. That's why I stopped.
    But the next time I will continue the race. THX

just few words, I have a very nice race, i'm confort in 2 place, and just only, got a litlle touch whit a grass tired and broke my suspention, in las turn, my car don't want to still running and crash...my god, i'm so fool. :-(
    congrats podium

No worries Enrique. There is always next race. Shame though , being your home GP and everything. Make sure you come back strong in Torino.

On a sidenote and an observation : we dont use grid edit for the league and I think this has put some people off a bit in terms of joining. However , it strikes me that in some ways its actually better for the starts of the races to start the way we do. First of all , being a jam packed field , everybody needs to be a bit careful off the line. Another effect is that at tracks like mexico f. ex with a long run into T1 we dont get much of an "accordion" effect into T1 as you would see with grid edits. The field arrives together into T1 and nobody overshoots from behind as there are not many gaps. The third plus for this as I see it is the opportunity for anybody in the top four is there to steal the lead with a good start , that has produced some really good racing at the start of the races.

So in sum , no grid edit strikes me as actually better than much space between cars at the start. Either that or we are all just exceptionally good drivers..

Quote Originally Posted by enrique farina View Post
    just few words, I have a very nice race, i'm confort in 2 place, and just only, got a litlle touch whit a grass tired and broke my suspention, in las turn, my car don't want to still running and crash...my god, i'm so fool. :-(
    congrats podium
    Don't be too enthusiast about that, because I was P2 when you hit me to take that position Enrique

You're right Dan, Enrique throws himself into an impossible overtaking for which he should say sorry, being the result that takes you to the rear positions of the race

But,

You should say sorry for joining the track without leaving room for the other drivers who come behind

On the other side, DQ,s has a simple solution ... server can be launched with the "disable check points" option, so it is not the gpl that has to decide on the DQs

Sorry Tagomago for the incident.But everything started with Enrique's move.And when I returned to track I thought I was enough in front of you and took a path which I thought was leaving enough room for you in case you wanted to pass. And you saw me in front and decided to take the risk of passing. Very unfortunate situation.

On the other side, DQ,s has a simple solution ... server can be launched with the "disable check points" option, so it is not the gpl that has to decide on the DQs
    Worse than the corner cutting penalty I find the reverse driving disqualification. There is an immediate disqualification without the possibility of a penalty stop for compensation. This is counterproductive for league races. You definitely can't get an advantage by reversing. In Dundrod, for example, if you miss some corners, you can only get back on the road by reversing... and will be disqualified immediately!
    I find the corner cutting penalties comparatively harmless, because you'll not be disqualified if you do the penalty stop. And while sitting out the punishment you can at least repair or change tyres, as Robert already wrote.
    If the reverse driving problem did not exist, I think it would even be conceivable to accept the GPL result - even with activated checkpoints.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

so sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by daniel0099 View Post
    Don't be too enthusiast about that, because I was P2 when you hit me to take that position Enrique
    tagomago
    You're right Dan, Enrique throws himself into an impossible overtaking for which he should say sorry, being the result that takes you to the rear positions of the race

But,

You should say sorry for joining the track without leaving room for the other drivers who come behind

I am really sorry for what happened, I did not realize my mistake, and I did not save the replay to see what I did wrong, the truth is that I am not like that, I always apologize for my mistakes, and I even penalize myself, for my actions. as I did not see the replay I did not realize that I had to do with two runners,
    so sorry guys, for pay my mistake, next race i'm start in last position..:-(