Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We can let this simmer a bit and have a think as the year progresses.

I have another model for a chassi reg but that would be based on a handicap rank given to all before the season starts. Not unlike how its done in pool tournaments. The HC would range from -2 (Robert) to +3 and each driver would be given a certain amount of chassi points based on their HC. This would give each driver a certain amount of points to dispose of as they will over the season. A BRM would cost 1 point pr race and the lotus would cost 7 points.

Lets use Robert as an ex. If he has a -2 as HC he has 2 chasspoints available pr race.36 points for the whole season. This would equal a full season in the honda if he chooses but he can dispose of these points as he will so if he wants to he can run a lotus in one race and a BRM in the next six races to balance it out in terms of cost.

A +3 HC would have 7 chassi points available pr race which would mean a full season in the lotus. (or whichever car they want.)

Going up and down in HC would be tied into the points average each driver scores in the races or season in general. Adjusted every 6 races or so. Maybe halfway so we get one HC adjustment pr season.

This way its open for both multi chassis and sticking with one chassi based on preference.

Hi Dag,

Maybe my post to your first idea sounds more critical than I meaned.
    Principially the idea was good, only to complex. I think for new drivers it's hard to understand that they have to use every race the same chassis, but otherwise they get a bonus if they use all.
    I have an idea to make it relativ easy:
    The old rule (same Chassis in all races) could be annulled.
    New rules:
    §1: Every driver which have used all chassis get xx bonus points.
    §2: Every driver which have used all chassis for the second time AND haven't used one or more chassis for more than three races gets a second bonus of xx points.
    That's all. That would be short and easy to understand I think.

In my sight the advantage of the "all-chassis-bonus-system" is that we really compare who is better.
    Your second idea and what we do this year (fast driver should use slower cars) remembers me as I was a child. My brother is six years older than me. As he was forteen and I was eight we played table tennis. He gives me 10 points margin when we start to play that the match will be more exciting. Now (I'm 55 now) it seems to me a bit childishly.

BR Olaf

Well there is nothing wrong about being a little childish my friend.

The idea about two routes to go springs out of providing options for all whether they prefer to stay in a single chassi or if they appreciate driving all cars in gpl. If it can be done in a way that would not separate two drivers who are fairly evenly matched to begin with then I think it could work and it might converge in a fun way towards the end of the season providing some added excitement.

I also like regs who are equal for all but also give some wiggle room in terms of interpretation and application of the regs for the individual driver. It might sound complex mostly due to my wording of it. It could actually be summed up with this should a driver choose to go the multi chassi route:

- Lotus and Eagle can be run two times each.
    - All other cars can be run a maximum of three times each.

A bonus of 12 p will be given once all 7 cars have started a race.

This would be enough for any driver to work with and plan out as they see fit should they choose this option. Those who prefer a single chassi for the whole season sticks to the current regs. One emergency change within the the first four races should it be necessary , after that the driver is locked in for the rest of the season in that car. Two ways to go and options for all.

All this said , I think what we have now has worked out pretty well when we look at the pre qual times. Many drivers who are evenly matched on a single lap and that makes it fun so this is not a fix for anything as it isnt broken at all , its just my brain when it comes to things like this. Im always evaluating and looking for tweaks that might provide a lift of some sort , cant leave it alone.

Hi,

Regarding changes in 2021.

Should we go for the 8.1 patch? To see if we can get more pitstops due to tire wear.

Br
    André

I would be fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Lehmann View Post
    ... and what we do this year (fast driver should use slower cars) ...BR Olaf
    Really? I didn't notice much of that.