Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actually Im not sure I agree , Ive done plenty of advertising for this league. To the point where I feel like Im nagging people so Ive dialed it back a little.

This world series idea had nothing to do with our concept though , more like a cross league thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag_J View Post
    Actually Im not sure I agree
    K, I'm coming up with something else...36fps

I think we are a bit different and its due to a different concept all together so I dont think 36 fps will do much in terms of attracting drivers. We had 16 entries this season , thats a pretty good number.

We will advertise a little during the break and maybe we will be close to a full grid next season.

Why I mentioned 36fps, still many refuse to run at 60fps, whether it has any impact, no idea.

Compared to LRN - long race - of course has the advantage that EOLC has existed from almost GPL beginning, 13 registered in more than 1 month, server still not full, but think all 19 places are taken before race day.
    Benefit for me here is, 7 small race with smoke break & do what I can for the last 15 laps.

Well the LRN is more of a special event based on a single track. More of a social event as well.

The world series idea was based on a preliminary qualifying for the event so it would be more random and considerably sharper across the board. Still think it would be an excellent event , with a livestream on top it could truly be something. And it wouldnt have much to do with HIES as a whole as we would only host the event but with no dg patch it would just be regular gpl in 60 fps. So its a standalone concept.

In general Im just a fan of cross league concepts , something to bring drivers together across continents and timezones.

I think the world series is a good idea and it's a shame not more people have had a go. My feeling is that it needs to be up on igor, not enough people look in vroc these days I think.

when it comes to fps, i prefer 60fps. some fear 60fps for "doubling" of the chance of hitting a track error & causing a mass freeze or simply that driver getting booted but i have had none that I can remember on the hies servers. i've had more on gplracer server (36fps), yet still not many there either so who knows

i think it would get more attention on igor though.

Up to now I almost always had freeze at Sachsenring, so it is not for me. I am afraid it has to do with the track.

Copy that Ferdi. We picked it due to being difficult and long which would give room for improvement for all who put in the laps but in hindsight we should have gone for a more in-between track I think.

Lets relaunch the idea in january , maybe call it GPL Open instead. Find a medium long and difficult track as the pre qual track and 3 main event tracks and register it in weekly as a event , maybe that will help.