Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelle_B View Post
    When I saw Ferdi being faster in BRM than Robert in Cooper...I was sure, here's something wrong.
    Grats Pelle on your WR, I did the same with Cooper offline (53.1). The only thing that's wrong is the Cooper is too heavy and has too much drag. And the Maserati doesn't have top end grunt.

Ferdi is actually a very good driver. Because he often runs BRM, you don't see his true potential. I also know some guys in oAo who do use his setups. Respect to Ferdi

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fleurke View Post
    Grats Pelle on your WR, I did the same with Cooper offline (53.1).
    Ferdi is actually a very good driver. Because he often runs BRM, you don't see his true potential.
    Thx & Big Grats Robert...shame it wasn't on PreQaul Server so we all saw it.

I know Ferdi really well from GeLi & take my hat off both for Ferdi & everyone else who drives in less good/fast cars & like you, great results in these cars...just look at the standings. Had my form not been so much up/down due to private life, I had driven in Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelle_B View Post
    ... changed the gearbox from 10/31 to 9/31 + some fine adjustment…but engine gets hot, very hot
    I'm not great with the theory, can someone explain the benefits of lower/higher diff ratios?
    Is this where I might find the best top speed for tripoli in the lotus? I'm running 10/31 with 5th set as high as it will go without "bogging down" the engine (if you know what i mean?), I get ~197mph (317kmh).
    Might I find more top end with a 9/31 diff?

I dont think so but you can look into how many clutches you are running along with the ramp angles. 10/31 should provide a higher speed than 9/31.

Quote Originally Posted by rouenfrance View Post
    I'm not great with the theory, can someone explain the benefits of lower/higher diff ratios?
    Is this where I might find the best top speed for tripoli in the lotus? I'm running 10/31 with 5th set as high as it will go without "bogging down" the engine (if you know what i mean?), I get ~197mph (317kmh).
    Might I find more top end with a 9/31 diff?
    Differential gearings/ratio is all about finetuning the gearings, nothing more, nothing less. With GPL setup manager you find a whole new set of cogs combo's, but the normal standard GPL set should have you covered.

At tight slow tracks sometime lower ratio's help. It's about to find the best allround gearings for a track, and then sometimes other diff ratio might help to find it.

thanks guys
    I just ran a test having reduced the clutches & that made a noticeable difference to the overall handling of car, which is good.
    on the diff side, it appears I had a correct, basic understanding of the diff but Rob's way of expressing it makes good sense