Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Grats to André and Jose Luis new to podium! Very consistent driving!

Commiserations to all not coming to finish.

Default setup was good except the gearing too low for race. There is setups to this old track at Track-database for download, “or23175” was best for me. In training progress, well improved times. The race day I switched back to the default, adjusted 5th, this was best for Sachsenring, the other rotated the car more than expected when turn in/out (identic diff settings both).

I found hard wear and high fuel consume in testing. Difficult to do clean laps, ending in damage. Maybe not more than four laps. This was extreme difficult, what’s my strategy? A long day a little tired too and it could end any way.

Qualify was to be happy with and find the pace well.

Start was a distraction, I had a delay and lost positions, but here this wasn’t important. I was lucky to avoid the crashes from start, a crazy one in the slow corner before long hill, avoided the two cars spinning in the air.

I see my position climbed as well. Robert out of track, oh… this was a sign to be very careful continue in this race.
    Waited long for pitstop, went well and added variable fuel, I’m sure it was enough as I think less than half of the race was left.

I had the car and track to fight against, felt comfortable in my speed and the wear didn’t affect as much as last race as I now did a pitstop. Great fun to drive and it was only one surprising moment in car handling.
    Thanks for race and thanks for administrations!

Tripoli very different, see you all at this track!

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Lehmann View Post
    P.S.: Dag has used the protest tool with an additional option (loose wheels). This doesn't look for all lost wheels.
    It's an very old EOLC tool. It's made to find people which doesn't quit the race when they had using a wheel. It was a rule in EOLC in old times (before dgp), because in this time was some trouble with collissions of three wheelers with others in PRO races. So the tool is listing only lost wheel drivers if they are not quitting after a small time (20 seconds as I remember correct).
    But it would be easy to change it that it will listing all loosing wheel drivers - if desired.
    Done. Now all lost wheels should be found and the tool says which wheel(s) is/are lost.

Edit: (7.3./20:50MEZ): In the morning version was a small bug. No all should be work correct. New version called GPL_Protest_v2.
    Last edited by Olaf Lehmann; 07-03-20 at 10:56.

Good stuff Olaf. Where do I find these tools? The link on gpllinks.org doesnt work , at least not for me.

You find it (and three other tools) here:
    http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/GPL_Protest.zip
    If you want list protests and lost wheels choice number 1 first after starting the exe.

Another tool is GPL_Stops - the actual pitstop listing tool. Maybe you can use this one and post the listing in results post.

Great and sure can do , I will tidy up after the oAo race today. Thanks.

Have fun at OAO, Dag!
    News again: I have created a better v3. It lists engine damages in detail too (total engine damage is value 63, smallest damage 1) and the console Messages are in english.

Maybe it's more overseeable to make two separate listings: One for collisions and one for lost wheels and engine damages. Details see readme in programm folder.

BR Olaf

I finished 3rd very happy especially because I wanted to finish and I got it ... some silly mistake during the race and the last lap with the left suspension somewhat touched

In the qualification I dedicated myself to get my pace for the race and then in the race I managed to focus and drive ... I was worried about being overlapped because this track does not really have either right or left side .. But I was lucky and they went well ... I gave Rainer some work to reach me but he had a much better pace than me ...

I would have preferred 5th behind Olaf and Rainer who lost their options when they only had 2 laps left ...

In any case very happy for my first podium
    Thank you all for racing

Big Grats Tago, fantastic ...& I must correct my previous Post, none of us who followed you on Tube knew what happened the last 2 or 3 last laps.
    Olaf seemed to have full control of 3rd place, but as you say, you need to see the man with the flag...but how unfortunate

Grats to finishers & podium, well done all.
    My goal was to finish, but I didn't even make through T1 without incident. I got tagged trying to pass the spinning Rainer & that damaged the suspension a little. I was limping back to the pits but the dip at Heiterer Blick sucked the suspension from under me & I got stuck in a ditch

Thanks admins, see you all next time

Final results Sachsenring.

Reviewed contacts :

SACHSR67
    1 0:50 R.Alpen/D.Johnsen - NFA
    2 0:54 '.Mellor/R.Alpen - NFA
    3 1:32 I.Davies/D.Down - NFA
    4 1:35 I.Davies/B.Finnestad - NFA
    5 1:35 B.Finnestad/D.Down - NFA
    6 1:34 I.Davies lose a wheel
    7 20:51 R.Fleurke/A.Jahren - NFA
    8 56:01 R.Alpen lose a wheel

Andrè gets a stop n go penalty for false start. Two license points deducted.