Variable refueling

Hello,

In some races I wished I could refuel so many petrol as I want.

Let's say there is an 40 laps race and I decide before the race to make a (tire-)pitstop. So I put at the start petrol for 22 laps in my tank. When I make a crash after 10 or 15 laps and have to repair I would like to refuel so much petrol that I would have enough for the rest of the race.
    If I use Lees refuel patch it's unpossile because it refuels to the start refuel value.

So I have made an other variable refuel patch (see Point 2. in this readme):

INSTALLATION
    Put the xml file you want to use in your GEM/Options folder and joice the patch you want in GEM+!

FOR WHAT ARE THE PATCHES MADE?

1. Brake balance patch (BBA)

If you use this it is possible to change the brake balance whilst driving.
    You have to choose BBA.xml in addition to dirtgear_patch.
    Please use the "Raise Arm" and "View pit board" buttons. You can change these in Options/Controls menu (steering wheel buttons are possible).
    lift arm button = brake balance to the front
    pit board button = brake balance to the back

If you go to car setup menu or do shiftR the brake balance resets to the settings in the car setup menu.

You can change brake balance in left/right direction also.
    To do so, open xml file in GEM+/Options folder with Notepad or your favourite Text Editor (NOT with Explorer).
    At the beginning of the file you will find the following:
    <BinaryPatch>
    <VirtualAddress>0x0048575F</VirtualAddress>
    <Data>D8400CD9580CD9C1803D9CD155000 0 7902D9C90404D800E95A010000</Data>
    </BinaryPatch>

Change the single number 0 to 5
    Save file.

Now the two buttons working in combination with the driven gear (see table).
    driven gear <=3 >=4
    Lift arm button brake balance to left front
    pit board button brake balance to right back

Bear in mind: If you lift your arm the brake balance will be changed!
    The brake balance patch works with normal GPL too. But if you want to use it you should also use the changed pribluda dll too! You will then be able to see your brake bias in car.

2. Refuel_var

This patch is made for variable refueling. It works in an equal way like Lees Refuel patch: If you are standing at your pit area and raise your arm the car would be refueled, but in difference to Lees patch only as long as the arm is raised. So the driver can decide how many petrol he want.
    The fill rate is about 4.5 litres per second with a small random effect.

REMARKS

This patches should work On- and Ofline, with 36fps and with 60fps and with other patches together, but it's not recommended to use Lees Refuel and this refuel_var patch at the same time.
    Unfortunately BBA and Refuel_var couldn't work at the same time. So they should not choiced in GEM+ at the same time. But if you want to use both patches choice BBA_Refuel patch.

The patch you find in a subfolder in dirtgearpatch (first post at my srmz thread).

BR Olaf
    Last edited by Olaf Lehmann; 16-02-20 at 10:17.

Im so glad you find the time to tinker with stuff like this Olaf , this sounds very exciting.

Fill rate? Lee`s patch is something like 4 gallons a sec or something or am I way off. Do we have to just feel our way to the fuel level we want?

Becauses both refuel patches are free for all (there is no possibility to avoid that anyone use it) I think the fill rate should be relativ equal.
    In Lees readme I had read 5.7 litres per second.
    As complex reasons the code is short and easier with 6.55 l/s or 4.54 l/s. I think between these values we have the choice.
    I would favourite 4.54 l/s. Then it's a bit slower than Lees patch, but you have the "variable advantage".

Unfortunately my first file from yesterday is with 6.55 l/s. Now I have changed it for the moment to 4.54 l/s. So we can increase later if we want.

I think only very few people should have the version from yesterday. If have this version from 15th of February please delete it and don't give it other people! So you can helt to avoid that anyone in the future have an advantage.
    If you have delete it you can restore the file now with the lower fill rate.

P.S.: I will try to bring the patch to work without dgp too, but it's a bit complex.

Now it works with and without DGP, On- and Offline, 36fps and 60fps...

Great Olaf
    Running GPL becomes totally technical...this needs testing
    DOH, didn't get my second set of G27 up here

Thanks Olaf! This is a great tool. How do you find the solutions! This is easy to use and can make interesting strategies. To hotlap or race, another example is warming tires to right values and add fuel for the fast lap.
    Calculating and remembering the litres can be solved in a note at the desktop. Need training, a part of all that make gpl so interesting.