Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok , lets do that.

I think at the end of the day the races should be what counts on aggregate but we can have options for those who practice a lot and who wants to test themselves in different chassis during the course of the season.

Could we rename the other server to "hotlap server" or something similar instead of "not classified"? That way both servers show up on the league site. We should probably say a little something about this server config in the info box on the league site as well.

I'm dreaming to race with my patch in a totally full grid. The pre quali idea is a desperate ettempt to make it real. I'm sure it's not of my best ideas…

@Bjorn: With DGP8 the probability to need the mechanics is much higher than before. If you can't repair your reverse gear I can prepaire a special version of the patch for you - a version with other "repair gears" - let's say: Gear 3 and higher=repair; all other gears tire changing. I don't need much time to do it. Let me know if it's neccessary.

BR Olaf

And Im picturing 2 divisions with full grids my friend so reality kinda sucks doesnt it... Not a bad idea by any stretch Olaf , its a tool we can utilize in the future and quite possibly expand on. Lets let it simmer and see where it might go in the future.

I think our best recruitment tool is to have fun with the concept and enjoy the races for ourselves. Hoomans are usually attracted to fun things.. Or so Im told at least.

@Olaf: Very kind of you Olaf, but just wait until further. The days running, some chassis try – a little testing, now paddles. The new th8 h-shifter work after try and fails but pribluda don’t when shift is activated. Not very handicap to not use H-shifter . More fun drive H and the new has more realistic feel but can maybe be a bit harder to drive before familiar with.

I have the th8 myself Bjørn and its a very nice shifter. Seems very durable and sturdy as well. Takes a little getting used to but for immersion purposes an H shifter is definitely the way to go.

@ Dag: Agree, a very fine shifter, looking to have quality.

The good old G25 has done a great job for years before wear was coming. I cleaned the shifter, potmeters very small and crappy solution, but the shifter was as new and smooth again. After two months R disapeared. Thousands of laps make wear, time to replace shifter now. The wheel is fine today. If problems coming, Thrustmaster is in stock.

I set a time in Hotlap server as a test. Ferrari, a surprise to Kyalami. Still gearing padles.

Hey guys.

I dont know if you guys have been following the "gpl world rank" thread over on srmz but in this regard I have an idea of something we could do to help melt the communities together from around the world.

Since we are the only game in town with a pre qual server thing like F1 legends ran we can run a server for the world rank. Either in the form of prequal for a single world event or just a server locked to a single chassi on one track to establish a list in terms of pure pace on track amongst the worlds gpl drivers.

Good to see activity on PreQual...maybe a little too good, I was close to Pole & André replied Again
    Grats Bjørn with new PB
    Yeah maybe it looks a bit messy with several car brands on qual & I'm one of them, but lucky I chose Ferrari as the first one I want to try in the S2

Sry I haven't been here for more than a week, but last weekend we packed the car & got off quickly...a little too fast. Thought I could write on server in the 'summerhouse' but no codes for LogIn Just got 'home' Again.

hehe , welcome back Pelle , glad to hear you guys are enjoying your new summer house.

Bjørn is showing some good form before the first race and 0.8 sec between P1 to 7 is promising for things to come.

Well it seems that the idea of hosting a pre qual server for a "world series" type of thing fell to the ground with a thump. A bit strange as the interest was considerable around the race that was held in december.

In any case , Im not entirely sure that we need two servers running as they are now. I would suggest that we go back to running one open pre qual server as we used to do. Easiest access for incoming drivers , all they need then is some curiosity and the patch to test it. If we are to run two servers one should also be setup on IGOR. We fiddled around with that at first but didnt get it to work properly at IGOR. Maybe we should give that a 2nd go after the race at Kyalami.