2019 Season summary and review

Time for some official announcements.

2019 HIES CHAMPION : Robert Fleurke!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Andrč Jahren : P2
    Dag Johnsen : P3

That concludes our first full season in this format. I want to thank all of you for participating and making this a really enjoyable season , I have enjoyed myself very much and I feel that in the latter races with the longer format that we are really closing in on what was envisioned with applying the dg patch to online gpl racing. Next seasons calendar is ready , just need the pictures to match but the dates and tracks are set for 2020. There will be some small regulation tweaks before next season and we will move to dg patch v 8.0 and stay in the 60 min race format. This will be announced in the near future.

As Rob pointed out , a bigger field would be nice but Im not sure what more I can do other than hope that more people will gravitate towards this idea in the future. I will announce 2020 and advertise as much as I can and hopefully some more drivers discovers how much fun this is.

Thanks for racing guys!

And here are some regulation changes that will be applied from 2020 :

• We keep the 60 min format and move to DGP 8.0 version.
    • We drop points for FL and for pole. There will be only one extra point on offer in each race for "highest climber".
    • Race control : Each driver will start the season with 9 license points. These will NOT be regenerated during the season. Drop to zero = start at the back of the grid. Should this occur the driver in question will get back 3 license points after starting at the back as "emergency points" to last to the end of the season.
    • Chassi : Still one pr season but every driver gets a single chassi change as an emergency measure. This change has to take place within and no later than the first 4 rounds of the championship. Consider it an emergency option , not a tactical option. Preferably everybody stays in what the choose at the start of the season but we dont want someone to be in the "wrong" chassi for a whole season.
    • We will change back to the other points scale which means tighter point margins between positions and no points outside the top ten.

Thanks Andre', Dag and Pelle' for organisation and development of this league!

Good changes for next year.
    I wished - in case race control exists - it would be a bit more transparent. I thought there wasn't race control anymore since an halv year or so because I haven't read anything about it in forum.

DGP with >15 participants would be a thrill. I will write an (german) invitation for a driver that is definitively a fan of dgpatch since years. Because EOLC Forum doesn't work I would like to send this invitation via PM to you, Dag. Please send it to him as an private message in GELI (I'm not registred there).

BR Olaf

P.S.: I have updated the link in dirtgear thread in srmz. Now only dirtgear8 is in programmfolder.

I will forward your invitation Olaf , he would be a great asset to our league along with many other of the gentlemen drivers.

There has been race review \ control conducted on every race and every contact. There hasnt been many for a while and when there has been some stuff it hasnt been major stuff with major consequences.

After every race I post first the preliminary results with the contacts list and I edit that same thread once the verdict is in on the contacts. Then I change it to final results and in the contacts list I write penalties. So its a bit hidden but its the fastest way with the least work.

Congrats Robert and also the runner-ups!

Plus a great THANK YOU for the organisation. Hopefully I can attend more events next season.
    Jani Posta - Groundhog's GPL Weekly
    http://weekly.freeleo.hu/