Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag_J View Post
    It should be added that it was terrible luck for Doni yesterday. Another masterclass in tire management ended in a DQ which I guess was due to cutting the chicane into T1 after when he was stuck in the rails. Bad break and your drive deserved a podium yesterday Doni.
    I vote for his reinstatement by the stewards

just watched the stream back. there was good racing throughout the field, well covered by the director. the last laps were crazy!
    my hat off, again, to Olaf for what you have given us

DETECTED CONTACTS:
    1 22:57 J.Posta/O.Lehmann

Code:
      PITSTOP LISTING
      10:39  46.1s R.Fleurke Repair
      20:00  36.5s '.Mellor Repair/Refuel
      45:45  32.6s R.Fleurke Tire change/Refuel
      46:37  76.6s D.Johnsen Tire change/Refuel
      48:47  38.7s '.Mellor Tire change/Refuel
      49:17  36.3s B.Finnestad Tire change/Refuel
      49:38  33.1s J.Posta  Tire change/Refuel
      50:33  34.7s O.Lehmann Tire change/Refuel
    1:01:51  31.9s F.Schulze Tire change

2 * '.Mellor
      2 * R.Fleurke
      1 * J.Posta
      1 * O.Lehmann
      1 * F.Schulze
      1 * B.Finnestad
      1 * D.Johnsen

It was an unusual, crazy race!
    Before this event I thought: "Is it really a good idea to drive about 90min although we shoud know that we are would be far from a complete grid? If we have a mass crash in the first lap it will be boring." But things never turn out the way you expect...
    In the last 20 laps or so I was near by Ferdi and Roo was in directly in my back. His pressure was phenomenally. Then the overlappers came. I had let pass the first three.
    Then came Doni and Roo behind him. At the last short straight I lifted the throttle and Doni overtakes. After the last turn I had a good exit. I saw it would be easy to lap me back with my Lotus power and relative new tires.
    Normally it would be clear I have to stay behind Doni.
    But I saw Donis opponents before and back were far from him.
    And Roo was directly behind me and he was bigger and bigger to see in my mirrors.
    So I decided to lap me back.
    Then I could stay in front of Roo some laps, but the pressure was more and more and more. Then three laps before race end Roo was beside me on the inside of turn 1. I knew I had no chance to retain my position, but Roo came of the grass and crashes into the barrier. Luck for me...
    At the next straight I had a look at pribluda. Ferdi was 300m or so behind me, Roo after him, but - oh my God - where was Doni? I thought he has touched Roo. And I was complicit with it.
    I the last lap I heard loudly engine sound from the back and yes there was anyone in my mirrors. Pribluda says Ferdi is behind me, but 300m back. I thought: "Who is it? Maybe Jani?" Not before we was going into the last corner in the last lap it become clearness in my mind. That's Doni.
    I have to say SORRY, Doni! I hope you can understand the especially circumstances.
    I feel like the 5th, not the 4th.

By the way league admins should make it clear what happens in such cases, that drivers knows what they should do in case of gpl penalties. Principially it's possible to make gpl penalties with dgp.

Thanks Jani for your attention at 22:57.

BR Olaf

Thanks guys

If and when Doni didn't gain anything missing checkpoint I have no problem with him to be reinstated. But it's up to the stewards and the rules ofcourse.

You did a great job Olaf with this patch, and you deserve more praise and interest. Imagine racing with a full grid, and all these pitstops. There would be a lot more close racing and encounters as trackpositions change so much with different strategies.

HIES simply needs, and deserves more drivers.

Big thanks to all involved organizing HIES, potentially next season could be a huge succes with some added drivers. HIES deserves more attention IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Lehmann View Post
    DETECTED CONTACTS:
    1 22:57 J.Posta/O.Lehmann

Code:
      PITSTOP LISTING
      10:39  46.1s R.Fleurke Repair
      20:00  36.5s '.Mellor Repair/Refuel
      45:45  32.6s R.Fleurke Tire change/Refuel
      46:37  76.6s D.Johnsen Tire change/Refuel
      48:47  38.7s '.Mellor Tire change/Refuel
      49:17  36.3s B.Finnestad Tire change/Refuel
      49:38  33.1s J.Posta  Tire change/Refuel
      50:33  34.7s O.Lehmann Tire change/Refuel
    1:01:51  31.9s F.Schulze Tire change

2 * '.Mellor
      2 * R.Fleurke
      1 * J.Posta
      1 * O.Lehmann
      1 * F.Schulze
      1 * B.Finnestad
      1 * D.Johnsen

Refuel? How? Am I to stupid?

Hallo Ferdi,

mit Hilfe von Lees Pitstop Patch.

Concerning Doni`s DQ : At the end of the race he was listed as P6 so he did not get a black flag suggesting a "no result". He was probably counted by gpl as a DNF from that lap where he was outside the track. I looked at it and I must admit Im a bit unsure as to how to address this situation. I could tell that Doni wasnt very happy with this , he probably didnt raise his arm in joy after his off. There are factors to include here , yes it was a situation out of the ordinary and it was indeed a pretty crazy race. That said , we are allowed to unlap ourselves in racing so Olaf didnt do anything wrong going by the book. There are no contacts either. And we know that all of the three drivers involved here are outstanding gentlemen who conduct their racing with the highest degree of sportsmanship and no one drives with ill intent so since it didnt affect Doni`s P4 in the championship we havent considered any further action as Im unsure what that would be.

Doni was listed as P6 and got 12 points but we can all see that he was on for a podium finish with another brilliant zero stop where it shouldnt be possible so that sucks , we fully regocnize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Lehmann View Post
    Hallo Ferdi,

mit Hilfe von Lees Pitstop Patch.
    Danke, gefunden.

Good reports! A challenge this Mexico track and a great goal race 90 minutes to finish here. Master it can be compared to running half-marathon in a way.

The last Mexico race season 2018 my average lap-times was nearly identical. Fastest practice- and race-time was improved now at Wednesday, but still not my old 2007 times. Training mode was a real improvement for the rank. A year ago, I struggled in the practice, but did well this long race with comfort.

Gear setup for two corners need first gear and this ratio wasn’t for to drop under max revs in start. André in my row was faster in start. In 4th I was able in my Eagle to follow André before his Honda did an unwanted spin in braking to the hairpin just in front of me. Sad André was then out of race.

After pitstop in the esses I heard sound of car behind, who is this? A Honda sound coming very fast, this is Robert, did he pass me now in back straight? Not now, too long behind, but in main straight he easy overtaking me.

My race laps went well, maybe in an auto-pilot mode in many of the laps, had control, but was slower. In last two laps of race the leaders was in my view again and I had to speed for avoid lapping, gained up two seconds per slower laps, this means I wasn’t at limit in parts of the race.
    Impressive stable driving (as always) in Cooper by Doni in zero strategy, never see him as he passed when I was in pit. Sad ending near to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelle_B View Post

in the middle of a race, Bjørn & Dag
    I did (litres) right after race.

The season 2019 was great, fun mix of tracks, great races and well driving. It was up and down as race is. Interesting experiences of all that too. The DG-patch is absolute the right way for online races, making it very fun. Every race needs preparation and strategy. Looking forward to race DGP 8, next step to realism.

Now coming some weeks relaxing in hot laps optionally. Thanks for the season all!

Grats Robert for driver championship!