Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Oulton Park , 14th Nov - Round 17

Welcome to Oulton Park Raceway for round 17. Its the "Oulton park 1967" track version we are driving.

oulton.jpg

Serverstart 2000 CET via VROC

Chat room VROC = hies

Another good track for DG patch IMO

HIES deserves more attention and bigger grids. If ppl would be more open to the DG patch, they would realize it adds another dimension to the racing. No more corner cutting (even with 2 wheels) and tirewear; with an advanced and repairable damage model.

Looking forward to next season with the new DG version. Hopefully the added tow helps the Cooper's top end, but ppl might pass me even easier then

Just some random thoughts

Thanks for that Robert. We have a good concept here but its not an easy sell due to the extra features and the fact that it makes everything a bit more tricky and difficult I suppose.

I think the new race length we have made is a good tweak in terms of balancing a one stop or a zero stop strategy and the patch has provided us some scenarios we wouldnt get otherwise. Last race was a real stinker for me but due to the repair option I could at least finish and get some points. Things like this are nice add ons to online gpl racing.

Lets see if we can get some more drivers to join the fun next year.

Yes, this with DGP has added something extra to GPL & you may be a little disappointed - there are still many active drivers - because, there should be more in our league.
    One thing if we look at other leagues like UKGPL & GeLi, they use 60fps. Unfortunately, there are many who stick to 36fps like oAo, PDLR & many more.
    Many refuse to run 60fps

Its a bit conservative for sure and new stuff isnt always welcomed with open arms , such are human beings..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelle_B View Post
    One thing if we look at other leagues like UKGPL & GeLi, they use 60fps. Unfortunately, there are many who stick to 36fps like oAo, PDLR & many more.
    Many refuse to run 60fps
    60 fps at pdlr? we have not considered ... Perhaps due to ignorance, but nobody asked to try it ... what advantages does it have over 30? ... well, I don't want a list, just an idea or a link to some place where it's explained ...

On the other hand laps for oulton race?

We thought we would let it be a surprise but fine , since you must know its gonna be 38 - 39 laps , ish...

Quote Originally Posted by tagomago View Post
    what advantages does it have over 30?...well, I don't want a list, just an idea or a link to some place where it's explained…
    Unfortunately, I can't answer. Maybe it requires a little better PC, but we are writing 2019 & I think only the problem comes with too heavy track updates & too high server ping.
    Another thing I've heard from several, they simply call 60fps for cheating, can't remember why
    This is why, for example, GPLRacer does not use 60fps...maybe you can find the answer with them.
    It was also at GPLRacer I first heard about cheating if you use GPLshift - H gear change - ...read more here

Edit:
    Now that we talk about 'cheating', does anyone remember 'the good old days' in VROC where Monza ran 24/7 & server almost always full?
    You drove in Lotus & knew you had come out of Parabolica perfectly, before the start line...you were passed by another Lotus with at least 500km/h
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 10-11-19 at 05:01.

For me driving with 36 fps is nearly unridable.
    Just this minute I have tried it again. The display stutters harder like in livestreams.
    I remember before the 60fps patch exists I doesn't see this stuttering. But after using 60fps patch I'm wondering how I could finish a race with that flickering.

I think the reason isn't the higher value of the framerate, but the interaction between the framerate of GPL and the frequency of the monitor. If GPL sends every 1/36s a picture to the monitor and the monitor makes every 1/60 seconds a new frame you have already one pic for two times, than for one time, then for two times and so on. That's the flickering. If I could set my monitor for 36Hz or 72Hz I think it would work, but I could prepaire my monitor so.

I think the flickering in livescream have an equal reason. But it's not so important in livescream than during driving. During driving it leads to accidents.

BR Olaf

P.S.: I think it's superstition to believe 36fps is harder to cheat - on the contrary: You can join a 36fps server with 60fps or DG patch, but you can't join a 60fps server (v2) with 36fps. Selfmade there are always potentialities for criminal energized guys, but in 60fps it needs more patience...and fortunately often "criminals" do not have it.
    Last edited by Olaf Lehmann; 10-11-19 at 09:46.

Thanks for a little explanation Olaf.

Didn't know you could join a sever running 36fps with 60fps patch activ...you can, just tried to join oAo in 60fps, but some flick came.

Forgot to say, I definitely prefer 60fps
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 11-11-19 at 18:32.