Thread: Calendar 2020

Calendar 2020

Time to start tinkering with some stuff before next season. Half the calendar is ready , these are the ones we keep with one exception which is Spa 67 yields way to "the deathring" aka Sachsenring. My mortality rate is equally high on both tracks so its no worry , most likely it will end in ruin at both places for me , gotta love gpl.

So in no particular order.

Kyalami
    Dundrod 65
    Rouen
    Sachsenring
    Imola

Bathurst
    Road America
    Solitude
    Mexico

The rest will be "new" tracks. There will be lots of familiar tracks for all who has driven a lap or two in this sim. That way a lack of practice time might have less consequence if drivers already have setups ready to go and lots of tracktime on the upcoming event. The only track thats nailed down in my head for the last 9 is Phillip Island since its brand new and looks simply stunning. As long as we know it holds up online that should most definetly be on the calendar.

5 - 6 longer tracks and the rest short to medium for the sum total of 18 events planned. Geography goes out the window this time around.

Feel free to suggest personal favorites but be warned that HIES league management is notoriously pig headed and stubborn. So no promises.

Nürburgring would be one of the ultimate tracks for DG patch IMO.

Aint that the truth. That would be something. Der Ring has been discussed and without it being nailed down its in the mix for next season.

Of the nine we keep there are quite a few long tracks so lets see. We do however want one more track in the longer category , Schottenring or Brno49 has been mentioned.

Monza 10k or Tripoli is probably gonna be on the calendar as "slipstream events". Also pretty long tracks.

Torino as a "street circuit". Great track imo , looks great and a real nice drive.

I did really like East London as a "regular" race track when we drove it with oAo. Nice layout and should invite proper racing. Other tracks in the same category is Silverstone \ Brands Hatch \ Albi \ Zolder.

Does anybody know how Mt. Tremblant holds up in online racing?

What we can say for sure is Phillip Island , that would be nr. 10. nailed down. Its a Ginetto track and I think we can trust it to carry us online. Looks awesome and a very nice drive.

Nürburgring...a track we must have. Especially after several times in EOLC, no matter what car you have chosen...everyone is having fun

Monza10K...the perfect track for the slipstream, see 3:40 inside this video, maybe the soundman has mixed a Little The crash 9:30
    Edit: One thing we might also have to consider, long/new tracks that require training/setups (maybe many who haven't run these tracks before) & with DGP. We have to take care of people not giving up before starting a season & if it all ends with CTD on one track, the disaster is total.
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 26-09-19 at 17:06.

Some nice suggestions. Many great tracks around. However I'm not a big fan of those slipstream tracks as it's all about the car/engine.

St Jovite/Mt. Tremblant works great online. Have raced there a few times with different mods. One of the better older add-on tracks IMO with the right graphics updates. Also demanding and technical track going up down left and right.

Also with DG in mind, some tracks suit better, I'm also very interested in upcoming Solitude. Another excellent choice and perfect for DG patch.

Im not a fan either but since we have an upgraded slipstream effect going on next year I thought it would be nice to find a dedicated slipstream event sort of a thing. Im also inclined in the direction of Tripoli over Monza10k but lets see.

We should have a race in Canada since we have a Canadian driving with us and I thought Mt. Tremblant could be a viable option.

Maybe you all scream at this post, but of course only suggestions

Thinking back when the GPL demo came out with only WG & couldn't wait for the CD to come out with Monza...everyone was running on the Monza servers. Today, Monza may have become a bit 'boring' & instead of Monza10K we could go the opposite, Monza Jr. We can see if it will be a success with El Pinar.
    In GT-Legends we have a lot of fun on this track

We could go even further back where you can almost say it all started...Indy 500

…or a couple of years ago a new Daytona came out, could be a good test with DGP, unfortunately I know many hate oval tracks
    I have to admit, especially with the Nascar Racing 2003 Series, at one point...I almost ran more on the Sierra servers than in the Vroc.

Edit: Indy 500 pic didn't show up.
    ...& if I had to continue with org. tracks from Post #1 (Kya, Rou, Mex) a track I think is good regardless of car, but a slightly forgotten track, Zandy.
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 30-09-19 at 16:07.

In relation to ovals we should have one thing in mind:
    DGP wear effect is determinated by wheelspin. If we have only turns in the same direction we get 90% or so of the wear on the inside wheels.
    It's maybe a bit crazy.
    As I wrote the readme I would make a notiz, that the patch isn't made for ovals, but I think I forgot it.

Because I don't love ovals it isn't a problem in my case...

BR Olaf

We will most likely steer clear of ovals but I must admit after following Indy car a few seasons the oval racing is growing on me. This years Indy 500 was a monster race and one of the better races Ive seen.

I think Tripoli will be the slipstream event. If Robert is in the cooper then we know there will be at least one track where he will struggle with top speed issues.. Tripoli is still a race track and it looks real nice.