Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

dirtgearpatch version8

Hi holidaymakers,

the new version of dirtgearpatch - pronounced from me 3 weeks ago - is ready...I think.

Differences to pitstop71 (and normal gpl):

1. The sensibility of the cars is in online races the same like offline. We should have much more suspention damages with it, but the possibility to loose a wheel should be the same like before.
    This point should make the races much more rich in variety.
    And...somewhere I had read HIES in the most realistic league. With dg8 it could be true.

2. INT mode have the same damage level like PRO and GP mode.
    3. It's unrelevant for HIES because HIES uses PRO mode.

3. Increasing of slipstream effect. Maybe it would bring an additional tactical moment in the races.

The testing procedere was very difficult. Things like slipstream are hard to try. AI cars with 60fps are unusable. I hope all works like it should.
    A test race would be very nice. Maybe the test race should exceptionally be in INT mode because the increased slipstream could be dangerous in the first race. I warn you all!

I have made only a Version for gpl1.3 - it means a normal and a light version. I put this files to the pitstop71 files (see link in first post at dg thread at SRMZ).

I hope for your interest.

BR Olaf
    Last edited by Olaf Lehmann; 21-07-19 at 11:34.

Look forward to trying & not least, see a BRM race past a Lotus.

Thanks for your work Olaf here in the heat ...I try to relax as much as possible & take as much sun I can, damn I have been Brown
    I remember you just been in France, you never go to Denmark ?

That is exciting news Olaf , Ive had some PC issues and havent been online for a while and Andrč is back from holiday now so a test should be possible in the near future. Good stuff..

@Pelle: Ferdinand was in France. I was for a week very near by Danmark on the german island Sylt.

@Dag:
    That is exciting news Olaf , Ive had some PC issues and havent been online for a while
    Such periods are important. From time to time I also ban the internet from my life.

Maybe we should use a not to heavy ingame track. So maybe we can recrute some non HIES people. The more (drivers) the better… especially for testing slipstream.

BR Olaf

Monza would maybe be a suitable track for testing the new patch , good place to slipstream and fairly easy to drive.

Lets try to set up a test race in aug \ sept for testing , I will announce it all around and maybe some new folks show up. That would be nice.

Monza was my first idea too.
    @Dag and Andre': Simple pick out the most favourable date for you both and I'll be there.

BR Olaf

P.S.: For me it's a miracle that I saw the massive difference in damage sensibility in Online racing not until 10 years of gpl driving. It seems there was blind spot in my eyes and a big repression in my mind.

This unsensibility extensively undermines the idea of dirtgearpatch!

A test server is now running on IGOR with the new patch. Race is set to 38 laps.

Lets meet up in the near future for a test race. We have to schedule it here amongst ourselves , Im available for the most part.

Thank you, Dag.

What about 29/08?

By the way. I doesn't prepaired the new patch for gpl 1.2.0.2 too, because I thought nobody uses gpl 1.2.0.2 anymore? Otherwise let me know.

BR Olaf

Done! We meet up on thursday 29th of august on IGOR for testing. 2000 CET or thereabouts depending on the cycle of the server.

Hmmm... Troubles...

I created a stand-alone install for the patch and it runs offline just fine. I see the added graphical details onscreen relating to brake bias and tyre wear.

However, I cannot log onto the Historics server to test via either iGOR or direct via IP address. I get a message along the likes of, 'You are not qualified to enter this race.' Suggestions to fix, pls, chaps.

Doni

Edit: Just a few minutes after posting the above, I tried to bring over the exe's from my usual F1Historics install. Still no good. Then tried a Euro exe...German, I think...and still no success in logging onto the server. Runs fine offline.
    Last edited by Doni Yourth; 19-08-19 at 14:40.