Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    So after a few races in the full hour format Im not entirely convinced we should change to the 8.1 (increased wear) version next season. It seems we are pretty close to the balance point of a 0 or a 1 stop now and increasing the wear rate could possibly push it out of balance again. Forcing everyone to stop f. ex and thats not the intention.

I think where it is now its gonna be track dependent whether or not we stop for tires or choose not to. At Solitude its gonna be real hard with the wear rate we have now to survive a full race without stopping , on other tracks it might be easier and then I think we are close to the sweet spot so to speak.

Yes. I think 8.1 and one hour races are too much wear.
    Your idea is good Dag , but my favourite would be version 8.1 and 45min race time like in spring this years.

BR Olaf

Either of these works fine for me allthough Im slightly more inclined towards the full hour. But I agree that these are the main options for us going forwards , I think the wear rate is more balanced now between stops and no stops so we are on the right track.

Hi dirtgearfriends,

it needs a lot of patience to test tires like it would be at the end of the race. If you would do that you have to drive 60 minutes. We all are busy and haven't the time before every race.
    Because that I have created a dgp version with higher wear effect. In this special version (I called dirtgear82) the amount of wear is in LONG races like in SHORT races with dgp8.
    In SHORT races and in training mode the wear amount is double in dgp82 (compared with dgp8 SHORT). So you have after 30min tires like they would be after 1 hour with dgp8.

But dgp82 has another changing. I know it's nasty. But latest after the increasing of damage level in online racing - you all have to be inured my nastiness.

So...the second changing is: Until now all damages need the same repairing time. And all damages will be repaired after 15s.

In dgp82 damages (suspention and engine) will not be repaired completely. After the 15s repairing/waiting time only 80% is repaired. Two exemples:
    If you have in your setup a camber of -1.0 and after crashing let's say -2.0 you have after repairing -1.2.
    If you have in your setup a camber of -1.0 and after crashing -3.0 you have after repairing -1.4.
    When your car feels very strong you have the possibility to make two repairings in succession (put in reverse gear after the first repairing again and wait another 15s). So in the second example after the second repairing time the camber would be -1.08.
    Theoretical a third repairing would be possible but I think after second ones the damage is only less noticable - except you had have a very, very strong crash.
    Engine problems are equal: If a driver bring his totally braked engine to the pit after the second waiting time the engine works usable - maybe about 95% engine output -, but after the third one the engine works with 100%.

So the driver would have to decide if he invest repairing time for a better working car (recommended in dependecy of the missing racing time).

The damage thing is in test phase. I'm not sure if the 80% are appropriate. I'm very interested at feedback. I.e.: How feels the car after a lost wheel...and so on.

Here is the link to dgp82:
    http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/dirtgear82.zip

Attention:
    It's possible to use dgp82 at the HIES server (which runs with the official dgp8 version) because all changes in dgp82 makes racing harder. But please if you try dgp82 please don't forget to change for the official races back to dirtgear8. Otherwise you'll shoot an own goal. You will have the doubled wear and a non 100% repaired car!!!

BR Olaf

I like the sound of the damage repair, Olaf
    I will give it a try when I have a moment

I have just been testing on the pre-qual server, imola, and the strangest thing seems to be happening to my gearbox. The gear ratios changed from what was showing in setup. 3rd was longer & 4th = 5th.

So I went to training mode to run a quick test. No idea why I thought of dg patch but it was a simple thing to test by switching it on & off a few times ...

Without dirt gear patch:
    I go to my setup it shows my gearing as in pic "without dg8". I drive the track & the gears are as expected.
    I exit back to the pits, go back to my setup and it still reads as before. I go back to the track & all is still fine. I return to setup again and all is fine.

With dirt gear patch:
    I go to my setup it shows my gearing as in pic "without dg8". I go to the track & the gears have changed as described above.
    I exit back to the pits, go back to my setup and the gear ratios look like those in pic "with dg8".

I ran this test 3 times & the same results were had each time. Anyone else experienced this?

Hi Roo,

it sounds like a well-known issue.
    I hope here is the solution:

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=...00#entry133578

BR Olaf

This problem I remember clearly the first time with DGP & was getting totally crazy when I changed the gearbox. At first I thought the setup had not been saved, but again it totally changed...until you told to move your new setup up to 'Race', even though you are still running qual.
    What is the cause & can it be changed?

thanks for the swift reply Olaf, I'm glad it's a simple solution & that I have no need for me to actually upload the pictures I forgot to attach to the post

This problem I remember clearly the first time with DGP & was getting totally crazy when I changed the gearbox. At first I thought the setup had not been saved, but again it totally changed...until you told to move your new setup up to 'Race', even though you are still running qual.
    What is the cause & can it be changed?
    It's because the patch is made for INT mode too. In EOLC drivers had too much trouble if they had made ShiftR in quali. It was to complex to get the normal gear values back.
    So I had found I simple solution. Everytime when the driver go to track the gear ratios from race setup will transmitted to the current setup.
    So principially it's possible to install different setups (current and race). Only if you'll use different gear ratios for quali you have to declare during quali your quali setup to race setup (but in this case do not forget to change it before the race).

I know unfortunately at the moment nobody use dgp in INT mode (it's a pity because it's my favourite variant). I would recommend to make a fun race - maybe in summer break - with it.

At the moment I'm a bit uneasy because of Lees new pitstop patch. This patch is open (it's possible to use it with dgp). In a short test I found out tire change time is only about 7.5 seconds with 60fps. Otherwise I'm not 100% sure if dg dirt effect and tire wear works like before if anyone choiced Lees new patch at the same time. It seems it works but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe anyone can help to try it out.

BR Olaf