Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tested OpenGLv2 vs Direct3Dv2 & there was no difference except in Pribluda, with D3Dv2 everything was small & had to wear glasses...maybe cause I still use OpenGLv2

Hi Doni,

my strategy to create a version for gpl1.2.0.2 doesn't work. It's not so easy like with the earlier dirtgear version. It cost's to much time.

But I have created three files for you:

1. a base gpl exe file version 1.3
    2. a patched dirtgear8 exe file
    3. a patched dirtgear8_light version exe file.

REMARKS:
    Your exe in your base gpl exe folder is an US version. It doesn't work - gpl crashes if you go to track (it's a old known problem)
    The other gpl exe file in your f1historics folder is a NON US exe file, but it's gpl version 1.2.0.2. Because dirtgear8 doesn't work with gpl1.2.0.2 it doesn't work correct.

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO?
    My recommandation: Restore the gpl exe file in your gpl folder for the dirtgear8 installation with the gpl exe file from my folder. Then dirtgear8 should work normally if you nominate dirtgear8 in GEM+

In case it doesn't work you can start dirtgear8 exe file directly. Then you can't join to F1HIES server via GEM+, but it should work to join via IP adress.

The third file you don't need at the moment. I have made it only in case that it's not unpossible that HIES will use the light version sometimes in the future.

BR Olaf

Here the link to my folder:

http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/forDoni.zip

Terrific! I'm very anxious to try, Olaf. Thanks so much for your efforts.

I've just dl'd the files but won't be able to try til later today. Fingers X'd!

Hi, fellas! Hi there, Olaf!

See that smilely above? That's because it would seem that Olaf's file upload has done the trick for me regarding the Dirtgear8 patch. I installed the basic 'gpl.exe' that Olaf provided and tried GPL 'as is'. A-OK. Next, I nominated the patch. Tested offline and GPL loads and runs fine. The full 60fps plus the brake bias/tyre wear fields displayed. I joined iGOR to see the server running Monza and could join and run without dramas. Knowing that I have problems with VROC, I tried joining via the IP address and again, success. Offline again, I tested the tyre swap-out feature. A-OK. Additionally, success with refueling by raising my arm.

I'd have to say that there's every likelihood that I'm fully configured and good to go!

Thanks, again, Olaf.

Hi guys,

Been too tired from work to join in the races the last few months, but I can join for testing next week.. I can also try the Doni option? Easier drag and drop? Maybe I can see brake bias/tyre wear info now at last too

Hi Iestyn,

the Doni option isn't easier. It's only if you don't have a NON US version or a gpl1.3 exe.
    The brake bias/tyre wear values are not in the Doni Option (Doni has installed it with pitstop71(dg) it seems).

But the installing is not so complex:

1. Rename your pribluda.dll in your gpl folder
    2. Put the pribluda.ini from dirtgear folder (link is in first post of Dirtgearpatch thread in SRMZ) into your gpl folder.

If you are a lucky man that was it. In this case you have used the same pribluda version I have used for the pridbula dg_hack.

In case you get a failure message in gpl like "wrong PRIBLIDA.INI" or so or pribluda doesn't work you have to do this steps:
    3. Rename your PRIBLUDA.INI
    4. Put the PRIBLUDA.INI from dirtgearfolder into your gpl folder.

Then if works in 99%. But not all displays will be on the same place like before, because it's my INI file. So maybe you have to edit same parameters in PRIBLUDA.INI.

In case you are the 1% very, very unlucky man maybe it helps to
    5. Numerate the enablepribluda.xml in GEM+

I would recommend to install the brake bias/tyre wear display. Because you get a warning in case of dirty tyres too (yellow tyre wear values).

BR Olaf

P.S.: If you don't see the new values put F4 for some times.

Thats good news Iestyn , I hope you can join some of the remaining races in the fall as well. Thumbs up to Doni as well , good news all around.