Balcarce , sept 19th - Round 13

Welcome to Autodromo Juan Manuel Fangio in Argentina.

balcarce.jpg

Serverstart VROC : 2000 CET , vroc chat = hies.

NOTE : new racelength 60 min , format stays the same. (pro short)

Pre qual server will be a little up and down over the summer but come august it will be back in steady fashion.

Vroc is down, pre qual server is running on IGOR.

Impressive practise time André, unofficial chassis WR as well for this track (despite tirewear/slight loss of grip)

Thank you Robert! An impressive practise lap from you too.
    I have not yet put in any long runs, so I have no idea what my race pace and tire wear will be in the Honda.

Sometimes you can get problems with either a front or rear tire overheating -or even both- depending on track, balance and driving style.

Also the Honda uses a lot of fuel, so the early racelaps are difficult being extra heavy. Also this can give some understeer before the fuel burns off (balance changes due to changing weight ratio to the rear).

It's not the best handling car, yet quite stable. You need to use the higher revs, narrow powerband, yet the engine is quite fragile and vulnerable to overheating. Sometimes gearings and driving have to be compromised due to this.

It would be really commendable if/when you change to Honda, and you seem to be up to it.

Honda is the new car for me.
    Now I just need to learn the car to know in our long runs. Especially since we are moving over to a full hour of racing.