Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shit , I busted a piston in that 2 hour event and I was really enjoying myself when it happened so that sucked pretty hard!

Ive gotten a question about linux and the dg patch. Mr. Hitchinson is asking , drives oAo. He is running linux without GEM and that seems to work but I told him I had no idea how to get this to run with GEM plus the patches. Anybody got a clue and\or experience with linux and gpl?

That sucked Dag, noticed you had to retire early race. Cosworth engine is very sensitive concerning temperature and overrevving, and sometimes it just wents anyhow...

You have to contact Axel "Cookie" about GPL/Linux, at SRMZ. He seems to have a lot of knowledge about this.

Well since I blew up last year in the eagle at Monza I was gonna take extra care that nothing like that happened this year. Multiple long run tests and not once did it break down in practice. Wasnt even pushing that hard as I had a nice cushion down to 4th and held no ambition to keep up with you and Roy so that was gutting.

Yes I suppose Axel would be the go to guy for this , thanks for the tip , I will pass it on.

Hello,

That sounds like a good plan Olaf. Would it be possible to have two different versions of the new patch? One with extra tire wear and one "normal".
    Here it is:
    http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/dirtgear81.zip
    All tires (SHORT/LONG/GP) are about 20% more sensible. Now in SHORT mode(s) the tires have the same sensibility as we had in EOLC in 2013/2014. I had reduces the sisibility later because I had read same critics about too much wear in some foren. For me the 81 values are perfect.

I had nothing to do this LINUX.
    But if he brought normal gpl to work with it dirtgearpatch should work too. If there should be a problem with GEM+ we can patch for him.
    I have made two english dg exes (pitstop71(dg) and the new one from today (dirtgear81)):
    http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/dirtgearEXEs.zip
    If he puts the files in her gpl folder he can start these exes directly. Unfortunately he have to join to the server via IP.
    I have used Donis gpl exe file for patching. If he use other stuff like GPLShift it's possible for everybody to patch this exe for him if he make his gpl exe file avaible...

It's relative easy: The "patcher" have to rename your own gpl exe, then put Hutchs gpl exe into his gpl folder, start GEM+ nominate the desired patch, Click at the green flag in GEM+, finish gpl, click at the red flag in GEM+, Say yes if it ask "Do you want restore your exe files" or so say Yes.
    Then the gplc67 exe file is the patched exe. It could be renamed and send back to Hutch.

Ah...and after all not forget to delete the foreign gpl exe file and rename back the own gpl exe.
    That's all.

BR Olaf

Wow guys, just read through this thread after my time away... I wish you all well.

I agree:
    1hr races (also full races), increase in wear, fast guys choosing slower chassis (I've had great races with Robert in 65's as he drove Cooper & I Lotus ), Olaf's work is very under appreciated, I thank you again Olaf

I'm looking forward to the remaining races, I've missed it, but it is with a little sadness on the horizon as, if all goes swiftly, I may not be able to race with you next season
    I have put my house/business on the market with a view to moving to be with my girlfriend in Australia a 04:30 race start time sounds tough
    Life certainly throws challenges at us, both good & bad. And I agree with Robert that how we deal/cope with them is what counts. Never stop, never give up. That's my philosophy.

see you all on track