Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fell asleep after dinner. and almost missed the race

Therefore quali was far from perfect, but still good enough for the front row. Hardly was awake and just was able to light a cig before the start...

Lost a spot to Dag, wanted to give him the position, and we touched. No harm no foul, could get back behind Pelle who gave me the position back little later. Then got closer to Dag, but it took me some laps to get a proper tow on the main straight. Was able to go around the outside of Dag, which seemed the best way to pass there as the next corner is a left hander having the preferred line. Even so, had burnt my tires, and started to lose all front, and rear grip. Felt being all over the place and also was overdriving still! Pushed Pelle wide/off being out of shape. Then Dag passed me eventually and then let Pelle go, since I felt guilty from the occurance before. That allowed me to cool the tires a bit following Dag and Pelle. My RF tire though had a lot of wear, from locking up too much mostly. But had a good pace in the 24s, and after Pelle went off, again could pass Dag the same way as before. Dag was very courteous and fair it has to be said

From then on ran alone as Dag made a mistake, and had to settle for P2. André once again dominated the event, well done and congrats! Also well done Dag, thanks for a fun first half of the race, also Pelle. Well done finishers, bad luck DNFs.

Thanks all for racing and have a great summer all!

There seems to be a small hickup with scanning the replay for contacts. Not sure what the issue was as my german is a bit rusty to say the least. I had a small contact with Robert going into T2 on the opening lap , think we can call it a race incident but regardless Im sorry for that Robert , didnt see you and tried to stay as much on the inside as I could. So if there was any incidents for race control to look at please sound off. If there arent any then good job to the whole field.

Track: Dijonp81 Wed Jun 12 21:20:30 2019

RACE RESULTS (After 32 laps)

Pos No Driver Team Nat Laps Race Time Diff Problem
    1 0 Andre Jahren Lotus MON 32 44m41.619s
    2 0 Robert Fleurke Honda HOL 32 45m20.902s 39.283s
    3 0 Dag Johnsen Eagle NZL 32 45m38.780s 57.161s
    4 0 Bjorn L Finnestad Eagle SWE 32 46m00.319s 1m18.700s
    5 0 DoniDG Cooper CAN 31 44m48.963s 1 lap(s)
    6 0 Olaf Lehmann Lotus GER 31 45m00.769s 1 lap(s)
    7 0 tagomago Brabham SPA 31 45m29.068s 1 lap(s)
    8 0 Pelle Buchner Eagle DEN 16 23m28.708s 16 lap(s)

Race results are unofficial
    (Replay might have been saved before end of race)

RACE FASTEST LAPS

Pos Driver Time Lap
    1 Andre Jahren 1m22.950s 12
    2 Pelle Buchner 1m23.506s 9
    3 Robert Fleurke 1m23.890s 4
    4 Dag Johnsen 1m24.069s 3
    5 Bjorn L Finnestad 1m24.464s 6
    6 DoniDG 1m25.638s 6
    7 Olaf Lehmann 1m25.700s 6
    8 tagomago 1m26.196s 21

Grats to all for a great season so far

Qualifying
    Got some ok laps in, and snatched pole position

Race
    No drama. Had a good and steady pace, and tire wear was not to bad.

Heading in to the summer break with a good feeling

Have a nice summer everyone. See you all in Balcarce 19. September.

P.S. Pre Qual server will be up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag_J View Post
    I had a small contact with Robert going into T2 on the opening lap , think we can call it a race incident but regardless Im sorry for that Robert , didnt see you and tried to stay as much on the inside as I could.
    That was all me Dag. I tried to concede and fall back in line in front of Pelle, but didn't take into account your slower speed as you might think I was still alongside. Simply misjudged it.

Was slight contact and as said no harm no foul happily

Grats to podium! Great and fun driving all. Grats Andre for leader in the standings too!

Dijon has a history when downforce was in use. There is long curves and grip can be poor. Our race was well done without downforce, great! I was surprised how well my driving ended to at this race. From my memory, Dijon was not my favourite, maybe a typical track where I can’t make the traction(?).

When training come, I used P.Ricard-setup to modify and did well improvements. Diff 45/30-1 and stiffed front springs, not my normal setup. I had to use the curb in the fast S, nearly alone to try that maybe. The long corners at Dijon is great to race, now I see!

I set time at HIES-server (and later at IOM only two training laps to set my first lap time there). I got out of GPL a lot of days before a new training for the race. Lucky I still had my pace.

Qual had very close lap-times for the grid.
    Race:
    Start, poor reaction, well acceleration, slowed too early for t1, but it was ok, had the position and many laps where cars in front of me was in my view. Was not lapped to end of race, surprising for a short track.
    Pelle had problems and was in way up, but you disappeared. Sad this disconnection in mid of race.

Fights in front and behind of the field, nice to study this at the film (as always). Great quality!

Thanks for race, see you in Balcarse. Have a nice summer!
    Last edited by Bjørn Finnestad; 14-06-19 at 04:05. Reason: not Imola-setup

Another fine drive from Andre to score the win. Well done. Robert a stand-out job in the Honda to score a most worthy P2. Dag a good P3 despite a scary off at 2/3 distance.

Sad that we had Rainer as a DNE.

I scoped the YouTube replay cap this morning. WOWZER! The first dozen or so laps were like a Pier Six brawl between Robert, Dag and Pelle! Gave the fans all they could possibly hope for. Sadly, it broke up somewhat with Pelle making a pit stop for rubber and then his fight back was curtailed with a disco. Bad luck there, PB. Robert and Dag continued their intense duel right up to Lap20 when Dag has his T1 dramas.

Off the start, I managed to edge away from Tago but it looked grim for challenging anyone for a position as Olaf and Bjorn scampered away to a good margin ahead. Soon, the gap to Olaf seemed to stabilize at around three seconds. Only around Lap10 did the gap to Olaf start to shrink.By half distance, I was actually holding out hope to actually challenge. Indeed, it was on! Now within striking range, I followed Olaf closely for a number of laps with the occasional peek at a pass attempt but it was just too risky. We were close to side-by-side a couple of times. Gilles vs Rene Redux. Only on Lap21 did Olaf slip a bit sideways at the top of the hill after the rise from the Parabolique to cost him some drive and that was my opportunity to pass. Only just made it stick and prepared for his counter-attack on the long pit straight to soon follow. I saw the Lotus getting bigger and bigger in my mirrors but I just managed to arrive at T1 in time to hold the position. PHEW! Over the next laps, managed to inch away to a small margin and held on for a most satisfying P5. It was great fun!

Have a great Summer break, fellas!

Since Imola (the race where I had to finish my race after the halv distance because I decided to make a pitstop and forgot to activate refuel patch) my concentration was better than in the races before. I don't had blackouts like in the races before.
    So I (in my Lotus) could fight for twenty laps or so against Doni in this Cooper. I enjoyed it very much, although in the end Doni was in front of me.
    After 10 laps my left front wheel was very hot and after 15...20 laps all my tires lost more and more grip. So my laptimes increases a lot. So until lap 15 or so Doni was faster than me.
    The question is: Have Doni more talent to drive with obsolete tires or has he better spared his tires (I tried to be careful with my tires because I knew at the end it will be less or more problematic)?
    In case you use my special pribluda: What tire wear values did you have at the finish line (My values was between 60 and 80)?

Thanks admins for the long spring (two-thirds) season. Indeed a lot of new tracks for me (I sweared a lot during learing this tracks), but mostly a good joice for dirtgearpatch, maybe expect Paul Richard and Dijon I think.

And thanks all drivers all for giving DGP a chance.

Have a good summertime all!

BR Olaf

I had the same tire issues and it eventually provoked a spin. LF was completely cooked due to the fighting with Robert and Pelle. Almost had to stop going into T1 at some point as the grip was non existent and I had a lot of understeer. A lighter touch and tighter line usually cools them down again.

Doni is a very smooth driver. Tight lines and very efficient. He drove 90 min at mexico without pitting last year along with Rainer. Excellent tire management to say the least. How they pulled that off is beyond me.

The dg patch works great Olaf. Im leaning towards what Robert said with a full hour race at the current setting to bring wear even more into play in the races. Sounds like a fun tweak.

The calendar next year will be more familiar tracks and probably some of the same we had this year. People are busy and familiar tracks should mean an opportunity to be better prepared with less practice.

Good race reports …& to see replay on Tube, WOW a thrill for all the Money.

Grats Andre', Robert & Dag

Robert close to sleep & we lacked more, it was date or oversight? My own year In GPL has also been a disaster with lost race in several Leagues

Practice:
    My choice was to copy a Rouen setup because of a little up & down...but was nevertheless split into atoms before it worked. Was quick to find solution for hot tires, lap times were just still...slow. Almost giving up when I started to change the Toe rear, I usually use about 0.190, here I ended up with 0.038.

Qual:
    Lotus + Andre', think you had hit close to the perfect, unfortunately also with race setup Regardless, happy with my 4th place on the grid.

Race:
    From this & until I went to the pit for new tires, top race when it's best, it was almost like seeing Gilles & Rene in 1979...here we were 3
    My race setup was much better than I feared, I discovered when I was very close to Robert before T'last 'Yes Robert what happened, it seemed you got stuck & not to hit you I could only do one thing, the ride in the sand' …but this was here I found out how quickly I got back to you (Robert & Dag) & thank you for giving the place back.
    Really many fun things happening & close, my very own fault as I am also passing by Dag, spinning & a ride in sand...about half way, time for new tires.
    Dangerous chicane in the pit, but gets a perfect pit stop. In the fight up again, maybe 3 laps, it all ends in T2, now I sit & looks at this message: GPL.exe stop working Now I never got to know, it was good or something shit with that pit stop
    Thanks to all of you here from Dijon