Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Borovaya screenfreeze concerns

This track is also knows for mass screenfreezes I'm afraid. I've encountered these as well with 65 and 67 mod races, even at 36fps. At one point 7 drivers got a freeze. (BTW 60fps increases the chance to find a gap in the track)

Really urge you guys to change the track, again.

Ok!

@Robert: Could I ask you to look through the rest of the calendar, and evaluate the remaining tracks?

Such a shame since its a really cool track. I suggest Rouen as a substitute , there we should be safe from freezes and discos.

Hi,

here is a topic about problematic tracks:
    http://neuforum.gplracer.de/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=72
    But this is only the small choice of known problematic ones.

In the past in EOLC we had different cups:
    Two cups with only in game tracks. In this cups we had over many years no problems.

In the other cups with only add on tracks we had problems. I would say about one of four add on tracks is problematic. That was the reason most time we used only two unknown tracks in a year.

In case of using almost entirely unknown tracks it's very likely to have equal problems like at Pierre Richard... sorry Paul Ricard repeatedly.

BR Olaf

P.S.: This is a good chance to say something about my track preferences.
    1. I'm not a fan to drive through trunks of trees or over sand this perfect grip. In my remembering such things doesn't exist in in game tracks.
    2. If my name would be Hamilton or Vettel I would take some million dollars in a year and so I had no need to work otherwise. Extremly rarely I have to learn a new track, because I would drive nearly the same tracks every year.
    Unfortunately my name is Lehmann. I have to work all days a week and get less money for this. Neary all two weeks I have to learn a new track. And I'm 53. So I'm not anymore a fast learner.
    Live is so unfair...

Lol . good and valid points Olaf. I hear you.

Part of the reasoning behind the calendar was actually to even things out by running quite a number of hitherto "unknown" tracks , in hindsight this backfires quite a bit as you point out time for practice is very different for all of us. It is unfair for sure..

We will change this an other tracks if we have anyone ahead of us that has a bad reputation.

Here are some suggestions for replacement tracks:

Bathurst
    Oulton Park
    Albi
    Rouen
    Silverstone
    Zolder

Quote Originally Posted by André View Post
    Ok!

@Robert: Could I ask you to look through the rest of the calendar, and evaluate the remaining tracks?
    I will André. apart from GPLRACER, UKGPL also has a blacklist somewhere (can't find it ATM), like oAo and GPL Weekly also has an option to report track problems. I will get back on it, when I have gotten most data and done my research. Can take a few days since I also need the UKGPL data.

All the tracks you suggest for replacement are great and have no problems AFAIK!

I think amongst the ones that are left Funabashi and Monsanto might be questionable , the rest I think should be fine to drive. Considering that a new and improved version of Goodwood is in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag_J View Post
    I think amongst the ones that are left Funabashi and Monsanto might be questionable , the rest I think should be fine to drive. Considering that a new and improved version of Goodwood is in the pipeline.
    Spa67 is a track I have not successfully hosted yet. Had 2 server crashes, on 2 attempts.

We ran Spa67 last year and that worked with the old machine if I remember correctly so I really think we should give that a go. We ran it in oAo with almost a full grid and that worked just fine. Its like the flagship track of gpl and the fact that a group of people spent years developing it speaks towards giving it a chance at least.