Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kyalami - jan 10th , round 1.

Serverstart : 2000 CET via VROC
    chatroom VROC = hies

Welcome one and all , lets get the show going.

(note : new qualifying length is 30 min )
    Last edited by Dag_J; 02-01-19 at 14:50.

Looks like the livestream didn't work.
    1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced
    Look at 3 of your closest friends
    If they seem ok it's probably you.

Beat it to fit, Paint it to match

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3

Thats what it looks like yes. We tested it earlier today and it worked just fine and we have no idea what happened either. Looks like a lost stream this. Such a shame with a new league record in drivers on grid. 14 , how bout that.

Great race, hard fight from the beginning, the grip decreased, very fun and demanding conditions. Then at lap xx I did a mistake , locked the wheels and hit Olaf in T1 to a spin. His car was damaged at the wall. I’m very sorry for my mistake. Not fair for me to continue, looking forward to coming races. Grats to podium, very well driving .

Sorry to hear about the livestream, especially as you guys put so much efforts in it...

Great to get underway with a new season in a new league, and a new format for me.

In quali did enough to get Pole, but it was quite close with André. He had the better start and Pelle was close behind. In Leeuwkop Bend almost ran in the back of André and had to check up. Happily Pelle had quick reactions and missed me. Thanks mate

Then tried to get back to André and Pelle blew up his Weslake soon. André went on the grass slightly out of Jukskei Sweep and lost some grip, going sideways in Sunset Bend. That gave me the opportunity to take the lead. A lap later André lost touch. Then tried to stay consistent and on track, had to dodge a wreck in Clubhouse Bend but was aware. Grip fell off gradually, and it was harder to maintain cornerspeed and laptime, despite fuel burning off.

Ofcourse the opposition also had the same, so simply had to lap safely and bring the car to the finish. Rainer did an excellent job being so consistent as well. Looks like Team Brabham has started the season well! Also great job Iestyn working your way up to the podium. Well done finishers, thanks lapped cars and commiserations to the retirements.

Thanks to André, Dag, Olaf and all involved for organization!

Grats Robert , Rainer & Iestyn - Well done!

GPL_protest picked up 6 incidents in the race.These are under review , full results will be posted once this is sorted.

New attendance record for the league : 14 drivers on the grid!

(shame about the live stream , we got tricked by a youtube setting so we know what it was and that wont happen again , Andrè ran a stream of the rpy but its without pribluda so not much info)

Great, first race & season has started
    Big Grats Robert, Rainer & Iestyn

My first shock, discover my car is with #13.

Qual:
    Think my time already came in first attempt & was ok satisfied. The plan was to follow Robert & Andre'.

Race:
    Slightly uneasy/slide start, but everything went ok, a pleasure to see so many experienced drivers on server with quick reactions. Already in T'last on the first lap, Andre' is a bit heavy & here could have happened a harmonica crash, think Rainer was just behind me & certainly got a shock too, but again quick reactions from everyone.
    Again T'last, engine says Kaboom on lap 4, DOH...but can roll in pit & get a new one. Had planned a pit stop midway, this was too early.
    Really fun race but had to fight because I was far behind & knew I was going to pit again for fuel.
    Now comes the shock #2 in the pit - things sometimes happen - my button on the steering wheel didn't work to 'raise arm'...no fuel = race end Countless attempts, no luck...starting to knock on the keayboard, maybe a letter can activate, YEAH, the arm came up. New record in the world's longest pit stop.
    Really too bad, for the rest of the race was run with full speed, setup was good & it should have ended up much better...a consolation of all the unhappiness, got the fastest race time

Thanks to all of you, drivers & those behind...this season already draws really good & exciting

Lol , I can see you in the pit pushing the keys Pelle.. kinda funny.

The race was a stinker for my part , still a ways from topform but great to get going again. I was gonna hunker down and try to fend off Iestyn to defend my podium position but that didnt hold for long. Went off and dropped down to p5 when I came back on track. Then I was chasing Andrè who might have had some car issues cause I was catching him but that didnt really pan out too good either as I went off again. After that I tucked my tail in between my legs and scurried to save 6th place.

On the bright side , the car felt good and the wear rate was also good so it was all down to human error.

Strong drive by Rainer in the brabham , tried to stay with him but lost him in traffic and he drove like a swiss clock.

Great to see such a grid & to actually finish a race is quite something for me
    I blew the engine in quali & that made me nervous for the race but I added a couple of additional gear changes to save some high rev moments throughout the race & it seemed to help.
    I had spins all round the circuit but managed to keep the car in one piece, mostly. I ran a little deep into T1 while trying to pass Olaf but luckily he managed to avoid contact. Not so later in the race when I spun at Barbecue & chose to wait for the cars I could see to pass before I tried to recover but unfortunately more cars appeared & I was stuck in a poor place & Olaf ran into me Luckily he was able to continue.

I felt the car was a bit twisted so I pitted to repair the car. I couldn't remember what gear to be in to repair the car & change tyres but managed instead to refill the tank & repair the car, so not a total fail

After that I was already lapped. Happy to have finished. Shame I don't score points but a finish is a good result for me.

Grats podium & finishers. Thanks admins & see you at Surfers

Shame I don't score points but a finish is a good result for me.
    Good news Roo , we have a new points system this year so you score points all the way down to P18. As long as you finish 80 % or more of race distance, so you scored some points yesterday.