Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sorry to learn this, Robert. We'll miss your debut. Take care, amigo.

Sorry to hear that Rob , get well soon , mexico next week.

Oh, Shame Rob. Unfortunately the same here. I've been sneezing and felt crap since yesterday afternoon.

But I'm still planning on racing, hopefully once the adrenalin kicks in and I get the wind in my hair and flies in my teeth I'll forget my troubles. But if I go straight on at the loop, Assume I've had a sneezing fit.

TTFN
    John.
    1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced
    Look at 3 of your closest friends
    If they seem ok it's probably you.

Beat it to fit, Paint it to match

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fleurke View Post
    I've become ill yesterday, and it worsened today. Cold plus flu. So I have to miss the race. Have fun!
    really annoying to hear, hope you are well again soon...I send some help

@John, not you too, take some tea, lemon & plenty of Rum

is it me or is there no racelist?

Ah, I arrived late and could not figure out the race pw
    Jani Posta - Groundhog's GPL Weekly
    http://weekly.freeleo.hu/

Not a happy Bunny at all, Was running 2nd comfortable, Taking no chances and a Lotus?? (Something green) came back off the track and took me out on the run down to the loop.

Pissed off doesn't even begin to describe it.

TTFN
    John.
    1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced
    Look at 3 of your closest friends
    If they seem ok it's probably you.

Beat it to fit, Paint it to match

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3

Very bad blackout from my side, very sorry John.
    I was back on the track before my brain was activated again after my collission with Doni.

It allows of no excuse.

Grats Rainer …& 2nd Bjørn?

Qual:
    Lacked speed in qual, but ok for Pole.

Race:
    Good start & got distance to Andre', but before my pit stop (lap 20) Andre' disappeared?
    Huge surprise when I came from the pit...I was far down. Don't understand how to run on the same tires throughout the race, mys disappear much on 5 laps
    Had many spins on the last 10 laps & not least, the engine says Kaboom, but can get into the pit...happy for my 3rd place

Thank you all, I had a really fun race

@John: Too bad, I saw you on the right side & was close to crash the green car on the left side

ARGH fajanko

A wicked race of such fun that turned sour in the last laps. I'm afraid that I'm the root cause of John's spectacular shunt with Olaf. My replay shows a speed differential between the two at fully 150mph. GULP! Somethin' had to give in that collision. In the closing laps, I was looking at a P6 finish as long as I could keep Olaf behind me which wasn't going to be a cinch. Just three laps to go but OL was only three seconds behind and closing. If his pass on me early in the race was any indication, I was in serious jeopardy. I was taken entirely by surprise by the lurid slide I experienced exiting the last element of the Esses with the tail just breaking away and me being unable to save it. I can only think that the rear tyres were just baked and had given their all. With the possible exception of the late-race laps at Aintree, this is the first time that I really had a taste of how traction can just evaporate. Olaf tried his best to miss my spinning Honda but a side-swipe had him off and in his recovery, had the misfortune to pull directly out in front of John. Grisly results and such a pity as JH was heading for a tasty P2 finish.

I mentioned above that prior to this horror, I was having a fine old time in dicing with Roo in the Lotus. I was doing my best to keep my skirts clean as I knew full well that even a minor touch of a kerb in the Esses would upset the Honda enough to allow him to make good a pass attempt. Right up to Lap20, the green Lotus was my shadow. Then, an off in the Esses and a pit stop for repairs gave me a good cushion. A stop by Olaf gifted me P6 on Lap25 and only due to John's retirement did that become a P5 finish. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I really enjoyed my time here on the F1Historics server and look forward to next season. Thanks to all for organizing and participating.

Will we have a season review thread? Hope so.

Edit: Forgive me. I totally forgot to toast our podium finishers today. Great job Rainer who seems to benefited no end to a bit of a layoff. Well done. A typically fine drive by Bjorn to score P2. Pelle recovered from assorted misadventures to nab P3. Nice driving, gys.
    Last edited by Doni Yourth; 07-12-18 at 01:29.