Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Grats Andre, Dag, Doni

Again new drivers here at HIES ...& an old from NGPLS (Bjørn)

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    Ta Ta For Now
    TTFN
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag_J View Post

@Pelle , too bad with the engine pop , looked like you were having a good one up until then. Either you didnt hit reverse in the pits or a blown engine cant be fixed. I seem to recall that with the 70 version of the dg patch I had a similar experience , blew the engine just before the pits and could coast to the pit board but didnt get a new engine. Maybe Olaf can clarify. It would make sense that you cant fix a blown engine , when you look at the ingame images you have stuff falling out the back of the engine when it happens so fixing it in 15 secs might seem like a tall order for any pit crew.
    I totally forgot that...put it in reverse I got up with V-Power & new tires, so ready for the next race

Qual:
    My gearbox was teasing & used the whole qual on changes, never getting a hotlap.

Race:
    This race was really fun, close fight with Bjørn, Doni & Rainer, passing by, making mistakes, passing by again & could if I had spent a little more brain driving home in a 3rd place.

Thank you all for a good race

Well that explains the pit crews reluctance to fix your engine I suppose..

@Pelle:
    I have made an equal mistake in one of the last races. I would change my tires at the halv of the race but I choiced reverse gear... and I should it really know.
    After a crash everybody is a bit confused.
    Now before the race starts I think for a moment about what I have to do if I damage my car or damage my tires...and hope I do the right things under pressure...

BR Olaf

@Olaf
    It was just that that happened & maybe completely crazy, the lap where the engine explodes...I tried to put a hot lap. Afterwards I can see it was an impossible mission because tires were worn out, but it was my intention to complete the race without a pit stop. Yes, I was in shock when the engine disappeared, lucky at all to get into the pit, but the detail with reverse, damn
    One thing I would like changed - like on the Pit Stop Patch (the one with the fuel & raise arm) that you can put it in 1st gear & step on the accelerator until the pit crew is finished…but it might make the pit stop even longer because You now also get a new engine.
    A little fun, because there was one thing I mixed up, I raised my arm & got the tank filled, regardless of I had a lot of fuel

My first race last ten years! Very well and one of the easy ones in my memory. Some minor out of track, no dramatics. For me, a fight to complete the 20 laps. Road America, a fantastic racetrack. Grats to the winner Andre, and to all at the grid too.
    Nice to see Pelles Eagle from NGPLS! Those races are now historic too

Welcome Bjørn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn Finnestad View Post
    Nice to see Pelles Eagle from NGPLS! Those races are now historic too
    ...& really good to see you back in GPL, yes we had some fun in the race
    Maybe people think: What is NGPLS?...Norwegian GPL Society.
    You can watch a video from the good old days, but why were you not in this match? DK vs N (I'm driving in Honda)

Quote Originally Posted by Pelle_B View Post
    Welcome Bjørn

...& really good to see you back in GPL, yes we had some fun in the race
    Maybe people think: What is NGPLS?...Norwegian GPL Society.
    You can watch a video from the good old days, but why were you not in this match? DK vs N (I'm driving in Honda)

Grats to Andre on another fine victory! Great job by Dag to score P2!

Well, if it wasn't Pelle, it was Bjorn. And if not Bjorn, it was Ferdinand. And if it wasn't Ferdinand, it was Pelle, again. And finally, Bjorn, again. Geeezzz... Blitzed by a flock of Eagles! What a race! I thoroughly enjoyed that! To be sure, I was lucky to place on the podium as the Eagles clearly had pace on me but the 'Skid Demon' was alive and well to work in my favour. If not actually challenged and passed, I was threatened for virtually the entire race by all of the above.

Miserable luck for John, Rainer and Pelle. I still don't understand how a front wheel could have been pruned off John's Eagle in a seemingly harmless spin. I mean, he didn't really hit anything, did he? Curious indeed. Poor Rainer had the bad luck to have his engine give out and leave him no opportunity to dive into the pits. If it had failed just 50 metres sooner, he might have done as Pelle did so as his engine went sour and he just made it in. And for Pelle, it seems that he forgot to select reverse gear to get a new powerplant. Ugh!

I had a few 'hold your breath' moments in that I got the Honda a bit out of shape a couple of times but managed to hang on. As at Solitude, I waited til the last lap to have a real drama as I did a half-spin in T5. Cost me a bunch of time and got me a little panicky but had just enough in hand over Bjorn to hang on to P3. Lucky boy!

I was happy with my quali pace & 4th on the grid.
    I enjoyed some battles early on which forced my pace to be faster than planned to avoid errors & make the finish.
    Eventually I made a final mistake, lost the rear at T1, cut the corner & lost a wheel on the logs

Grats podium & finishers, thnaks admins. cu next time.

One thing I would like changed - like on the Pit Stop Patch (the one with the fuel & raise arm) that you can put it in 1st gear & step on the accelerator until the pit crew is finished…
    The non accelarator system wouldn't work correct,. because you can repair and change tires successive at the same pitstop. So you couldn't go away if you would do only one thing.
    I use Reverse gear because it's an associstion with Repair: Reverse=Repair.
    And after repairing you get neutral gear automaticly (the same like making ShiftR in INT mode).

BR Olaf