Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    On weird (to me) thing.. Tyre wear.. I'm burning up the RR more then the LR. I would have thought the opposite would have been the case considering it's a clockwise track and the LR is under significant load at places like the Carosel?
    Dirtgear tirewear is determinated by wheelspin. In long corners the inside wheels have a lot of wheelspin.
    I know it's different to the wear effect of later softer tires. The idea is: The 60th tires had no really wear effect, but the tires would burned up if wheels looked up completely under braking or spinning wild like it is possible in gpl but real drivers haven't done.
    Normally the tire would be immediately completely unuseable I think. Because I believe with such a tire destroyer patch nobody would drive the dg wear i's a compromise...

At this track I have a lot of wear at the front. Today I don't believe I makes sense to me to make no tire changing, but maybe I will find a more wear gently setup and driving style before Thursday...

BR Olaf

Thanks Olaf,
    I was thinking about it after I posted and was hoping that would be your explanation. I guess it's easy to forget about the fact that today's F1 tyres bear no resemlance at all to what they were racing with in the 60's.

TTFN
    John.
    1 in 4 people in the world are mentally unbalanced
    Look at 3 of your closest friends
    If they seem ok it's probably you.

Beat it to fit, Paint it to match

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3

And it was all going so well.. qualified 2nd and Was busy sticking to the leader like glue and got a bit to close into T1 and had to bale out to avoid taking us both out. Those dam ridges on the inside of the turns took my LF wheel off. Tried to get back to the pits but decided I was too much of a danger to the rest of the field so retired.

Shame, Really felt good about this one and it was shaping up to be a great race.

TTFN
    John.

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3

Damn, 5 laps before finish...KABOOM ...came to Pit, but no one would like to change my engine
    ...but anyway, great big fun race

Just tried to watch the stream back on youtube. Why does it jump from the 1st lap to lap 8 @ 1:06:31? Is this intentional?

TTFN
    John.

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3

Grats Andrè and Doni on the podium. The lotus dominance continues..

Grats finishers , commiserations to those who didnt make it.

Shame about your race John and you should have stayed in the race and fixed the car. Doesnt matter if you crawl around for a lap without a front wheel , there are guys with flags so everybody would have been aware of you. Then you could have salvaged at least a finish and some points. Everyone who is in the race has equal track rights regardless of what state their car is in.

The livestream will be complete a few hours after broadcast , not sure why that is but I think its a youtube thing.

Be back with report later. What is TTFN btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Dag_J View Post

What is TTFN btw?
    Could it be Thanks Then For Nothing :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Dag_J View Post
    The livestream will be complete a few hours after broadcast , not sure why that is but I think its a youtube thing.
    I think you are right Dag, the live stream needs to be properly uploaded as a video, before it's all good again.

Ta Ta For Now

A bit like "Catch you later" or "See you in a while.

It's the phrase used by Tigger in Winnie the Pooh to say "bye".

Not very "manly", but I apparently started using it when I was about 5 years old and it stuck. (62 now although some have said I haven't progressed much).

TTFN
    John.

Fast cheap reliable
    Choose any 2 from 3

Haha , what 5 year old uses a phrase like that..? Thats pretty cool John.

The naked facts.

Track: Roadamer Thu Oct 11 21:54:13 2018

PRACTICE TIMES

Pos No Driver Team Nat Time Diff Laps
    1 16 Andre Jahren Lotus MON 2m15.025s 16
    2 7 John Hammonds Eagle GBR 2m15.599s 00.574s 4
    3 17 Dag Johnsen Brabham NZL 2m16.848s 01.823s 10
    4 13 'rew Mellor Lotus GBR 2m18.462s 03.437s 7
    5 15 Ferdinand Schulze Eagle GER 2m18.510s 03.485s 2
    6 11 Bjørn L Finnestad Eagle SWE 2m19.519s 04.494s 8
    7 14 Rainer Alpen Brabham GER 2m19.837s 04.812s 12
    8 18 DoniDG Honda CAN 2m20.310s 05.285s 3
    9 12 Olaf Lehmann Lotus GER 2m21.012s 05.987s 15
    10 8 Pelle Buchner Eagle DEN 2m22.134s 07.109s 12

All times are official
    Generated with GPL Replay Analyser

Track: Roadamer Thu Oct 11 21:54:13 2018

RACE RESULTS (After 20 laps)

Pos No Driver Team Nat Laps Race Time Diff
    1 16 Andre Jahren Lotus MON 20 46m01.343s
    2 17 Dag Johnsen Brabham NZL 20 46m56.816s 55.473s
    3 18 DoniDG Honda CAN 20 47m15.567s 1m14.224s
    4 11 Bjørn L Finnestad Eagle SWE 20 47m18.498s 1m17.155s
    5 15 Ferdinand Schulze Eagle GER 20 47m25.028s 1m23.685s
    6 12 Olaf Lehmann Lotus GER 19 46m27.154s 1 lap(s)
    7 8 Pelle Buchner Eagle DEN 13 30m34.592s 7 lap(s)
    8 13 'rew Mellor Lotus GBR 7 17m25.147s 13 lap(s)
    9 7 John Hammonds Eagle GBR 6 13m48.472s 14 lap(s)
    10 14 Rainer Alpen Brabham GER 3 7m09.612s 17 lap(s)

Race results are unofficial
    (Replay might have been saved before end of race)

RACE FASTEST LAPS

Pos Driver Time Lap
    1 John Hammonds 2m16.479s 5
    2 Andre Jahren 2m16.512s 4
    3 Pelle Buchner 2m17.624s 11
    4 Dag Johnsen 2m18.109s 5
    5 Bjørn L Finnestad 2m18.803s 14
    6 Ferdinand Schulze 2m19.247s 8
    7 Rainer Alpen 2m19.331s 3
    8 'rew Mellor 2m19.505s 7
    9 DoniDG 2m19.990s 13
    10 Olaf Lehmann 2m20.207s 16

Another clean race and the field should be commended for showing exemplary racing culture. Grats to Bjørn for a solid 4th place in his debut race with us. Good job and well done. (Jeg måtte forandre navnet ditt på weekly Bjørn så der heter du Bjoern).

As for myself it smelled like a lonely race all night and that turned out to be true. Didnt have the pace to hang with John and Andrè but had the pace to create a gap behind me so after two laps I didnt really see anyone. Went off once towards the end but had a cushion so didnt cost me. Pretty uneventful stuff.

One thing I would like to point out for future reference is that everybody is allowed to limp around the track with a damaged car to get to the pits for repair. Doesnt matter how slow you go. There are marshals with flags so all should be aware of situations like that. I saw Rainer had a camshaft issue or something similar and he pulled over and retired. Now I dont know if that was intentional or just on reflex but there was still a chance to stay in the race Rainer. Same thing with both John and Roo. Ofc its not optimal to limp around the track with a wheel missing and if someone wants to ditch the race they are ofc free to do so but no driver should ever worry about being in the way of other drivers due to a damaged car. This is one of the central points of running the dg patch and having an 80 % race completion requirement.

@Pelle , too bad with the engine pop , looked like you were having a good one up until then. Either you didnt hit reverse in the pits or a blown engine cant be fixed. I seem to recall that with the 70 version of the dg patch I had a similar experience , blew the engine just before the pits and could coast to the pit board but didnt get a new engine. Maybe Olaf can clarify. It would make sense that you cant fix a blown engine , when you look at the ingame images you have stuff falling out the back of the engine when it happens so fixing it in 15 secs might seem like a tall order for any pit crew.

4 races to go , see you guys at Salzburg in two weeks.

Good job gentlemen.
    Last edited by Dag_J; 12-10-18 at 08:57.