Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Hi Andre',

Brno49 is a very long track again. I would recommend to change the fifth and sixth sequence like this:

<BinaryPatch>
    <VirtualAddress>0x00476743</VirtualAddress>
    <Data>66817E02 9843 78188B46F4EB34</Data>
    </BinaryPatch>
    <BinaryPatch>
    <VirtualAddress>0x00476763</VirtualAddress>
    <Data>66817E02 4843 0F8933090000C3</Data>
    </BinaryPatch>

Otherwise we would have too often the leader I think.

It seems in the last stream a time line in the middle was cutted off?

BR Olaf

Thanks Olaf,

I will add this to the livestream file.

Regarding the last stream I did not notice a cut when I watched, but I have had some issues with it. It got stuck in the editor, and I have sent a request to Youtube to fix it. It might some issues there. That's why I haven't been able to cut out the first part.

Br
    André

Hello Admins,

I think virtual mirror in streams could be an improvement. See here:
    http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=4426
    It works in replay screen.

BR Olaf

Hi Olaf,

Not sure if this will enhance the stream. Since we are always following the chasing car.

Br
    André

We experienced the same glitch in sound at the kyalami test race as we had at phillip island last season. I thought it first had something to do with the sound files but if you look at the livestream from kyalami at 58:03 where Pelle takes me out that is when the sound glitch occurs.

After that hit the in- board sound of the car in view is dampened by a lot. Can only hear the car in front. Sound in tv view is not affected.

Hi,

one more small improvement:
    In the first versions, the focus always switched to the driver behind after overtaking. This was lost about a year ago. Now I found out why.
    Now (in version 10a) in most cases the focus jumps back like before. This is an advantage because you can see the previous driver when you switch to the onboard camera.

Great news, Olaf!

I also have a small remark towards the focus on drivers going in and out of the pit.

Based on the last test races and since we are expecting a full grid this season. I think it’s to much focus on drivers going in and out of the pit.

If we are following a close battle it should have a higher rang than a driver going in or out of the pit.

And maybe it is sufficient, when there isn’t a close battle, to follow the driver going in or out of the pit, not both.

Br
    André

Hi Andrč,

I also have a small remark towards the focus on drivers going in and out of the pit.

Based on the last test races and since we are expecting a full grid this season. I think it’s to much focus on drivers going in and out of the pit.

If we are following a close battle it should have a higher rang than a driver going in or out of the pit.

And maybe it is sufficient, when there isn’t a close battle, to follow the driver going in or out of the pit, not both.
    The patch can't really tell if someone is going into the pits or if he is otherwise in trouble. It only reacts to the fact that someone is unusually slow.
    This means: Fewer pit starts / pit exits would also mean fewer bankruptcies, misfortunes and breakdowns.

I think in the test races the drivers take a higher risk, which leads to more repair stops.

To go back a bit longer...
    In the past, the director always focused on the closest couple. This meant that practically every overtaking manoeuvre could be seen.
    Then I was approached with the wish that
    1. the focus should not change too frantically
    2. riders should also be shown when they are in trouble.
    3. that pit stops should also be shown.

I resisted this for a long time because I knew that some overtaking manoeuvres and crashes between the drivers would no longer be shown. And this had the highest priority for me.
    After a long struggle, I finally agreed to try it out. And I found - and still find - the result great, much better than before. Even if sometimes close fights and some overtaking manoeuvres are lost. In retrospect, I am grateful for the suggestions.

One more hint: After each change of focus, there is a blocking period. This blocking time is shorter the more drivers there are in the race. This means that if there are a lot of people in the race, the pit entries and exits will be displayed for a shorter time - unless a rider who is just passing gets particularly close (if they form the closest pair, the focus should stay on that parr). So this means that the Focus will usually return to the closely fighting pair more quickly if there are a lot of people driving.

BR Olaf

I like the new version that picks up anomalies to a greater degree. Gives a certain variation in covering what goes on in the race. Including the pitstops.

Lets see how the first round pans out on stream.

Hi Olaf,

It sounds like you already have build in functionality that address my concern.

Br
    André