Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Livestream development - rpy dir & pribluda

Started an own thread for this topic as its a work in progress. That way we have an info platform to gather all the back and forths.

We ran a small test pre solitude , race starts at approx 25 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEAqydaBges

This is about as good as it gets pr now but upgrades will be coming in the near future. And I think it has improved by a sensational amount from where we started.

Good to open a new thread for this.
    I hope I can post without problems today.

I know the position of dashboard line isn't ideal. As you say Dag unfortunately is for dashboard position no editing possibility in PRIBLUDA.ini and I didn't find the value in machine code.

The sector times (F4) couldn't work, no chance.

But now (pribliveinreplay_v3a) trackpositionboard (F6) works correct.
    But you have to go to the track like some weeks before with F8 code.
    It means Andre' you have to go to track, move the car ten metres from its pitstall (for not irritating replaydirector), go back to controll center, press live button. Then you can go to replayscreen. Otherwise the trackpositionboard values are dissorted.

The advantage of trackpositionboard is: The leaderboardinfo is - especially at long tracks like Solitude - not current, trackpositionboard is it. Other point: In case of overlapping anybody see where the other driver is.
    I found it better if trackpositionboard would listing only let's say 2 drivers before and behind the focused driver, but it's not easy.

I have made some changes in PRIBLUDA.ini too. I have increased the number of drivers in leaderboard to 20 and changed the position of trackposition board and changed the dist colour in this way to white.

I plan to restore the distance display to a max speed display. But I need time for it.

BR Olaf

Hi Olaf

Andrč runs a zoom on the stream client so the dash line will be placed at the bottom of the livestream and it looks great. We tried it yesterday. No board on the topside of the picture so no default gpl menus on thursday. The last test looked great , by far the best so far both in terms of info and quality so this is most certanly headed in the right direction.

The track position is also great , I got it to work on a local test and that is good info for viewers.

Happy gpl days this...

Thanks for a job well done Olaf and Andrč!

C u guys on track!

I think the livestream looks pretty goddamn awsome by now. Ive watched the solitude race and it looks great. Can only think of little tweaks and details and for the first time there is no apparent thing staring back at me that needs sorting out. Checkpoint reached. Outstanding job guys!

Somewhere down the line Andrč might bring out a better graphics card wich will give it an extra little lift in terms of image quality but double thumbs up for the livestream!

All livestreams before yesterday I could watch via my Samsung TV.
    Yesterday livestream doesn't work. It seems my tv can display only videos with standard resolutions like 1080x720 and so on. Maybe yesterday livestream have an other resolution? I hope only I have this issue.
    But I had a look and my smaller PC monitor...
    The trackposition board with time differences looks great. I forgot this possibility. I use it during driving with distance difference. For livestream time differences are much better. Good idea, Andre!

BR Olaf

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Lehmann View Post
    All livestreams before yesterday I could watch via my Samsung TV.
    Yesterday livestream doesn't work. It seems my tv can display only videos with standard resolutions like 1080x720 and so on. Maybe yesterday livestream have an other resolution? I hope only I have this issue.
    But I had a look and my smaller PC monitor...
    The trackposition board with time differences looks great. I forgot this possibility. I use it during driving with distance difference. For livestream time differences are much better. Good idea, Andre!

BR Olaf
    Hmm....

That was strange. We have made one change for this and future streams, we have changed from 720p to 1080p

Can you check if you can play other Youtube videos on your Samsung TV in 1080p?

Hi Olaf,

I have some inputs for the Livestream pacht.

When we race live, it seams to not pickup the leader at all. I have know tried many different settings, but it just won't work.

These are my current settings:

<BinaryPatch>
    <VirtualAddress>0x00476743</VirtualAddress>
    <Data>66817E02 8042 78188A03EB35</Data>
    </BinaryPatch>
    <BinaryPatch>
    <VirtualAddress>0x00476763</VirtualAddress>
    <Data>66817E02 0042 0F89CBDEFFFFC3</Data>
    </BinaryPatch>

Can there be an issue in the code itself?

I see that it switches to other drivers driving alone, but never the leader.

BR, André

The issue is that gpl the address that I use to identificate the leader only works in loaded replays.
    I have to calculate "selfmaded" which driver is the leader. I fliched from doing that because I know it's a lot of work. I will do it if the days will be shorter and it's to cold to work outside in the garden.
    When it's ready also the focus will be set in the last lap to the leader and if the leader has finished the race to the second, then to the third driver and so on...

I'll do a easier work for the next race. I will add a fastest and lowest speed reminder to the dashline.

BR Olaf

That’s understandable! :-)

Is a lap counter much work to add? One that counts down to 0.

Br, André

Is a lap counter much work to add?
    I have tried this, but I don't find the necessary code.

But I have prepaired the (three) new dashboard values (see pribliveinreplay.dll)
    Now on the right are two maxspeed values. Total on the right should be displayed the total maximum speed in quali and in race.
    On the left is now the distance value, next to it a current minimum speed value, display of the slowest points of the track.

BR Olaf