PDA

View Full Version : Livestream development - rpy dir & pribluda

Dag_J
24-09-18, 16:01
Started an own thread for this topic as its a work in progress. That way we have an info platform to gather all the back and forths.

We ran a small test pre solitude , race starts at approx 25 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEAqydaBges

This is about as good as it gets pr now but upgrades will be coming in the near future. And I think it has improved by a sensational amount from where we started. :thumbup:

Olaf Lehmann
25-09-18, 15:38
Good to open a new thread for this.
I hope I can post without problems today.

I know the position of dashboard line isn't ideal. As you say Dag unfortunately is for dashboard position no editing possibility in PRIBLUDA.ini and I didn't find the value in machine code.

The sector times (F4) couldn't work, no chance.

But now (pribliveinreplay_v3a) trackpositionboard (F6) works correct.
But you have to go to the track like some weeks before with F8 code.
It means Andre' you have to go to track, move the car ten metres from its pitstall (for not irritating replaydirector), go back to controll center, press live button. Then you can go to replayscreen. Otherwise the trackpositionboard values are dissorted.

The advantage of trackpositionboard is: The leaderboardinfo is - especially at long tracks like Solitude - not current, trackpositionboard is it. Other point: In case of overlapping anybody see where the other driver is.
I found it better if trackpositionboard would listing only let's say 2 drivers before and behind the focused driver, but it's not easy.

I have made some changes in PRIBLUDA.ini too. I have increased the number of drivers in leaderboard to 20 and changed the position of trackposition board and changed the dist colour in this way to white.

I plan to restore the distance display to a max speed display. But I need time for it.

BR Olaf

Dag_J
26-09-18, 09:31
Hi Olaf

Andrč runs a zoom on the stream client so the dash line will be placed at the bottom of the livestream and it looks great. We tried it yesterday. No board on the topside of the picture so no default gpl menus on thursday. The last test looked great , by far the best so far both in terms of info and quality so this is most certanly headed in the right direction.

The track position is also great , I got it to work on a local test and that is good info for viewers.

Happy gpl days this... :D

Thanks for a job well done Olaf and Andrč!

C u guys on track!

Dag_J
28-09-18, 11:31
I think the livestream looks pretty goddamn awsome by now. Ive watched the solitude race and it looks great. Can only think of little tweaks and details and for the first time there is no apparent thing staring back at me that needs sorting out. Checkpoint reached. Outstanding job guys! :thumbup:

Somewhere down the line Andrč might bring out a better graphics card wich will give it an extra little lift in terms of image quality but double thumbs up for the livestream!

Olaf Lehmann
28-09-18, 12:26
All livestreams before yesterday I could watch via my Samsung TV.
Yesterday livestream doesn't work. It seems my tv can display only videos with standard resolutions like 1080x720 and so on. Maybe yesterday livestream have an other resolution? I hope only I have this issue.
But I had a look and my smaller PC monitor...
The trackposition board with time differences looks great. I forgot this possibility. I use it during driving with distance difference. For livestream time differences are much better. Good idea, Andre!

BR Olaf

André
28-09-18, 17:58
All livestreams before yesterday I could watch via my Samsung TV.
Yesterday livestream doesn't work. It seems my tv can display only videos with standard resolutions like 1080x720 and so on. Maybe yesterday livestream have an other resolution? I hope only I have this issue.
But I had a look and my smaller PC monitor...
The trackposition board with time differences looks great. I forgot this possibility. I use it during driving with distance difference. For livestream time differences are much better. Good idea, Andre!

BR Olaf

Hmm....

That was strange. We have made one change for this and future streams, we have changed from 720p to 1080p

Can you check if you can play other Youtube videos on your Samsung TV in 1080p?

André
28-09-18, 18:08
Hi Olaf,

I have some inputs for the Livestream pacht.

When we race live, it seams to not pickup the leader at all. I have know tried many different settings, but it just won't work.

These are my current settings:

<BinaryPatch>
<VirtualAddress>0x00476743</VirtualAddress>
<Data>66817E02 8042 78188A03EB35</Data>
</BinaryPatch>
<BinaryPatch>
<VirtualAddress>0x00476763</VirtualAddress>
<Data>66817E02 0042 0F89CBDEFFFFC3</Data>
</BinaryPatch>

Can there be an issue in the code itself?

I see that it switches to other drivers driving alone, but never the leader.

BR, André

Olaf Lehmann
28-09-18, 18:52
The issue is that gpl the address that I use to identificate the leader only works in loaded replays.
I have to calculate "selfmaded" which driver is the leader. I fliched from doing that because I know it's a lot of work. I will do it if the days will be shorter and it's to cold to work outside in the garden.
When it's ready also the focus will be set in the last lap to the leader and if the leader has finished the race to the second, then to the third driver and so on...

I'll do a easier work for the next race. I will add a fastest and lowest speed reminder to the dashline.

BR Olaf

André
28-09-18, 21:56
That’s understandable! :-)

Is a lap counter much work to add? One that counts down to 0.

Br, André

Olaf Lehmann
08-10-18, 18:19
Is a lap counter much work to add?
I have tried this, but I don't find the necessary code.

But I have prepaired the (three) new dashboard values (see pribliveinreplay.dll)
Now on the right are two maxspeed values. Total on the right should be displayed the total maximum speed in quali and in race.
On the left is now the distance value, next to it a current minimum speed value, display of the slowest points of the track.

BR Olaf

André
09-10-18, 06:29
Hi Olaf,

I will download and test the new patch before the race on Thursday. :-)

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
09-10-18, 12:16
Overnight during I sleept I found the solution to find the code for the lap display in the captions of Leader- and Trackpositionboard.
Now should be diplayed at this places nomore 0L, but the number of laps to driving.

So the spectator knows how much laps the riders have to drive.

BR Olaf

André
09-10-18, 15:55
Wow!!!

That’s awesome Olaf!

Then I will download the new version and test it :-D

BR André

André
09-10-18, 16:22
Hi Olaf!

We are testing it now! But it seams to only display the number of laps, and not counting down.

I did not enter the track with the server car.

Will try that now and see if it makes any difference.

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
09-10-18, 16:26
I have two questions, Andre':
After the Solitude race I couldn't watch the livestream at my tv. Two days after the race until now it works.
Equal today. I have seen you have made some strem tests. I colud see the 10min stream from I think this morning, but I couldn't watch the livestream from the afternoon. What could be the reason?
By the way: I see all values in the streams very clear, great! :thumbup:

Second question: If I click to Live Streaming & Videos at the website nothing happens. Am I the only one that have this issue?

BR Olaf

André
09-10-18, 16:34
Hi again!

Read your post again and saw that per now it is only going to display the number of laps. Sorry for that!

But the good thing is that it counting the number of laps per driver, so then we have what we need! :-D

I have got another issue.

It is now longer respecting my pribluda.ini settings on showing the distance in time instead of meters. Any idea what the cause of that could be?

I have not copied your ini file in the new download. Is that nessesary? Or should the old one work as well?

BR André

André
09-10-18, 17:05
Hmm...

The behaviour on the videos are really strange. I have not done anything with the streaming settings between this morning and now in the afternoon.

Maybe the videos needs to be properly uploaded before you can watch them...

I’m really have no clue on that issue. Sorry!

Regarding the link to YouTube. I have noticed that I can’t reach the site on my phone, only from a computer. Are you also experiencing it from you computer?

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
09-10-18, 18:43
Regarding the link to YouTube. I have noticed that I can’t reach the site on my phone, only from a computer. Are you also experiencing it from you computer?
Same problem with my gpl computer with internet explorer and Firefox. Maybe the new computer works, I try it later.

It is now longer respecting my pribluda.ini settings on showing the distance in time instead of meters. Any idea what the cause of that could be?

I have not copied your ini file in the new download. Is that nessesary? Or should the old one work as well?

I tried it with my ini file. It works if you put F6 for two times. First press distance, second press time difference. But it should work with your ini too.

Olaf Lehmann
11-10-18, 14:27
Hallo Andre,
if have copied the link from the website (above) and from Kyalami thread (below)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjAVZzeUYKawNIJDdVCzaGQ/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjAVZzeUYKawNIJDdVCzaGQ

The Kyalami link works for me.
Could it be the "/" at the end is the delinguent?

BR Olaf

André
11-10-18, 21:27
Hallo Andre,
if have copied the link from the website (above) and from Kyalami thread (below)

BR Olaf

Hi Olaf,

That might be it. I have now updated the web-page.

Regarding the stream. It might be that the video needs to be properly uploaded before you can watch it on your TV. That's at least the only thing I can think of.

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
12-10-18, 14:43
Livestream from Yesterday works today on my tv.
I have seen that the new current speed values are frozen too short. I have changed the "refrigerator values". Now we will have lesser high and low speed measure points, but the displays are not so nervous, I think it's better.

That will be the only livestream development from my side before the next race.
I hope until the race on the 8th of November the director will be not more ignore the leader.

It seems yesterday the livestreamer client wasn't on track for a moment. That should be the reason that the trackpositionboard was dissorted.
Sorry for the circumstances Andre' , but I can't make it easier.

BR Olaf

P.S.: I saw the sectortimes display in quali. Pribluda has only memory adresses for one driver.
In case of using replaydirector the same adresses will be used for different drivers. That makes invitably wrong results.

Dag_J
12-10-18, 19:58
It seems yesterday the livestreamer client wasn't on track for a moment. That should be the reason that the trackpositionboard was dissorted

Indeed Olaf , we had some issues with the machine that runs the stream so we had to start from scratch yesterday afternoon and in our haste it seems a couple of details went right out the window. Putting the tv car on track was one of them it seems. Lets call it weapons of mass confusion.. ;)

Olaf Lehmann
15-10-18, 09:21
I have good and bad news:
Bad: I have lumbago or slppped disc. I have to wait what the doctor says.
Good: Because I can't do anything in the garden and had time for replaydirector development. So what I wrote in post 21 is ready before my "self-said" deadline, see srmz replaydirector thread.

BR Olaf

Dag_J
15-10-18, 10:01
Very sorry to hear about your back issues Olaf, brings me back a few weeks , its no fun when your back is out of comission. Hope you have a quick and speedy recovery. Great news about the rpy director , we are gonna do some testing this week so thank you very much for that. Get well soon Olaf.

EDIT : Andrč just tested this and the leader focus works. :thumbup:

André
15-10-18, 14:13
Very sorry to hear about your back issues Olaf. Hope you recovery soon.

I have now tested the new version and it works great :-) Picks up the leader as a charm :-D

Some ides to some small live stream improvements:

Now that you have been able to recognize the leader. It would be create if we could follow the leader at the start. At least in to the first corner. That would be a create feature.

And if we also could hard code or configured that TV1 was always used in the start, heading in to the first corner. That would also be a nice feature.

This would allow us to configure the ini file to drive inboard for the rest of the race. Since that gives the audience the best viewing experience.

Get well soon!

BR André

André
15-10-18, 14:26
Hallo Andre,

BR Olaf

Hi, Olaf!

Have finally managed to solve the link issue to YouTube from our website.

I needed to add the following at the end of the link address: /" target="_blank

Should work perfect now, both from any mobile device, and any browser.

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
16-10-18, 11:22
Have finally managed to solve the link issue to YouTube from our website.

I needed to add the following at the end of the link address: /" target="_blank

Should work perfect now, both from any mobile device, and any browser.

Thanks Andre', it works. :thumbup:

Now that you have been able to recognize the leader. It would be create if we could follow the leader at the start. At least in to the first corner. That would be a create feature.

And if we also could hard code or configured that TV1 was always used in the start, heading in to the first corner. That would also be a nice feature.

Two good ideas, but only the second works.
I have upload the new version. In the complete first lap the camera type for near distances will be used (it's normally the tv1 view).

The other idea to set the focus until the first corner couldn't work correct.
The reason is: All the time I (it means the patch do it - I'm not so hardworking) compare all the time the number of laps and the driving distance from start/finish line. So the patch knows what is the leader.
But unfortunately it doesn't work correct at the beginning, because the number of laps is zero in the first lap and before the first crossing of the start finish line.
So the patch thinks the drivers directly before the first crossing at the start/finish are the leaders. The result would be more changing of the focus than before.

By the way. Personally I find it a little bit nicer if about the race sometimes the camera type changes from onboard to tv, but it'sa matter of taste...

BR Olaf

P.S.: I have rearranged my computer desc. So I can stand when I write/work. To sit is bad for my back at the moment.
My doc is chiropractor too. He is otiptistic he can make my frozen back flexible again. Tomorrow he will set his hands on...

André
16-10-18, 12:27
Hi Olaf,

Good to hear that you have a movable computer desk. Working with some fun stuff makes the sick leave days better :-D

I will test the new version, and give you a feedback :-)

I did not fully understand the reason for way the leader focus on the first lap/in to the first corner wasn't possible.

You wrote:
But unfortunately it doesn't work correct at the beginning, because the number of laps is zero in the first lap and before the first crossing of the start finish line.
So the patch thinks the drivers directly before the first crossing at the start/finish are the leaders. The result would be more changing of the focus than before.

Did you mean the second crossing of the start finish line? Not at the start itself, but at the end of the first lap. If yes then I understand.

Because if the leader is recolonized directly at the start when crossing the start finish line the first time, then it should be possible.

Good luck at the chiropractor, hopefully he has some magic hands! :-D

BR André

André
16-10-18, 16:02
Hi Olaf,

I have now tested the new version.

The first lap feature is working great, but I am lacking the control function for when to move from the near distance camera to the middle distance one. It seams to be hard coded to 32 meters.

Is it possible to get that back? Or is that breaking the other feature?

During this test I also noticed another thing. In Pribluda you can set the color of the leader, and that's already correct at the starting grid before the race.

So if you figure out how Pribluda can know that already then, then maybe we will be able to set the focus to the leader already at the starting grid.

BR, André

Olaf Lehmann
18-10-18, 14:22
You wrote:
Did you mean the second crossing of the start finish line? Not at the start itself, but at the end of the first lap. If yes then I understand.
Because if the leader is recolonized directly at the start when crossing the start finish line the first time, then it should be possible.

I mean the first crossing of start/finish!
Let's say the track is 5000metres long.
0L/4999m 0L/4998m 0L/4997m 0L/4996m
could be the values of the first four drivers directly after the start (before very first crossing of start/finish)
Next values could be:
0L/0.2m 0L/4999m 0L/4998m 0L/4997m
Now for the patch the second driver is the leader!
Next frame:
0L/1.3m 0L/0.1m 0L/4999m 0L/4998m
Now the third driver is the "leader".
And so on. So the focus will jump to all drivers after the start.
But with all old versions of rdpatch the focus changes after start too.
Now I found the reason.
I use the following algorhytm to find the shortest distance:
The patch compares all the time the distances between all drivers.
At first higher value - lower value. Then the value will be compared with the halv tracklenght. If the value is more than the halv tracklength then Tracklength - value.
There is no mistake in this algorhytm, but I found the track length isn't 100% correct. Maybe this value is the length of idealline or so.
So the distances at the start/finish line are not 100% correct. Later in the race nothing happens, but at the start all drivers have less distances. So it comes to the crazy flickering at the first crossing of the finish line.

But I found a solution...The patch does different things at different times. Now replaydirector_livestream works in this way:
PHASE1 / From the approval of the race (the moment the drivers can click at the green flag and go to track) until 35s: The focus will be set to forewardmost driver. So when all drivers are on track the focus will be at a driver in first startline.
PHASE2 / 35s-50s: The patch will do nothing. So the focus will stay on a driver that was in first startline.
PHASE3 / 50s-60s: Same like Phase1, so the focus will be set at the leader.
PHASE4 / 60s until the forelast racelap: The normal old algorhythm works, but as I wrote some days before the focus will be set at the leader when the adjusting values it says.
PHASE5 / Last lap: Same like Phase5, but the distance when the focus will be set at the leader is very short. So in most races the focus should be complete at the leader, except there would be overtakings or very hard fights.
PHASE6 / if the leader have seen the quecked flag: The same like Phase5, but the leader is only a normal driver, the new "leader" is the second driver. If the second driver has finished the third is the "leader"and so on.
It's a algorhythm like flying to the mars. It makes me perplex. Programmers loves simple algorhythm. But in this case I see no better way ...

BR Olaf

P.S.: You find the 42 now at the beginning of the file (seond sequence) again, Andre'.

André
19-10-18, 09:41
Hi Olaf,

This was great news :-)

I will now test the new patch and come back to you.

BR André

Dag_J
19-10-18, 12:13
:thumbup:

Great stuff Olaf , how is your back?

Olaf Lehmann
20-10-18, 08:53
My back is better, but far from perfect.
Yesterday we decided to make our long planed Scottland trip from Sunday to Thursday anyway.
I'm not sure if I can make the Salzburg race, I'll try it.

BR Olaf

Dag_J
20-10-18, 09:34
Well it is said that using your back and keeping on your feet helps the recovery but it aint pleasant. Have a nice trip to Scotland and hopefully we see you on the grid next thursday. If not there then @ Bathurst.

André
21-10-18, 17:05
Hi Olaf,

I have now tried the new version, and it's really starting to look very good :-)

Here are some findings, and suggestions:

The first 4 phases works perfect :-)

One idea for phase 5 and 6 is to move back to the first camera.

In phase 5 and 6 it seams to not work as intended with the close battle functionality. When ever there is a real close battle on the last lap it switches to the battle when cars are really close. Like under 2 meters, and it switches back to the leader just above 2 meters, so there is a lot of flickering back and forward when there are close battles on the last lap.

And then I have a question to the middle range camera switch parameter. You added this back in, in the last version. But now I only have 40, 41, 42, 43, and so on to use. Any chance I can get the full four digits back? like: 0040, 8040, C041, A043, and so on.

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
21-10-18, 21:55
I think for the middle distance camera was all the time only one byte. The Code would be otherwise much more complex.

It sounds if I have made a mistake with the values for phases 5 and 6.
I will habe a Look at this when I am home on thursday.

Greetings from Edinburgh
Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
25-10-18, 14:12
In phase 5 and 6 it seams to not work as intended with the close battle functionality. When ever there is a real close battle on the last lap it switches to the battle when cars are really close. Like under 2 meters, and it switches back to the leader just above 2 meters, so there is a lot of flickering back and forward when there are close battles on the last lap.

I had simply interconverted the values for changing to leader and changing to shortdistancedriver. Now it works correct.

BR Olaf

Dag_J
25-10-18, 14:22

How was Scotland Olaf? Did you have a good trip?

Dag_J
26-10-18, 15:47
The stream for salzburg is offline due to a sound issue. For some reason the sound is out of sync. Dont know why this. Its being looked at but its unclear what the verdict will be.

Olaf Lehmann
30-10-18, 08:25
Next step from my side would be to integrate laptime informations about the focused driver via pribluda.

BR Olaf

Dag_J
30-10-18, 10:56
Im not sure what that means but I sure like how it sounds Olaf. :thumbup:

André
30-10-18, 19:22
That's the laptimes/split times, Dag!

A couple of other things I have been thinking about, Olaf.

1. Would it be possible to switch back to the nearest camera on the last lap?

2. Would it be possible to ignore drivers that are passed with a large speed difference? Like when a driver crashes/stops next to the track or when standing in the pits, and other cars are passing?

3. Would it also be possible, let's say two/three times during the race to switch to the nearest camera for a given duration(one or two laps)?

4. Could a different algorithm be applied for the qualifying?Let's say that for qualifying it would pick a active driver and follows him for a period(two/three laps), and then switch randomly to others and follows them for a period.

These are just a couple of ideas that might make the live stream even better.

BR, André

Dag_J
30-10-18, 19:34
That's the laptimes/split times, Dag!

Ah.. yeah , I might have read that post a little too quickly..

P.S - IGOR and VROC are being overrun by bots so Ive set up a password for the chatroom on VROC. Same as race pswd.

Olaf Lehmann
01-11-18, 13:14
Hello,
times of the focused driver should work now, I hope correct.
To display it use F5. In PRIBLUDA.INI set please these values:
showIdealLap = 0
showBestLap = 0
showLastLap = 0
showCurrentLap= 1
Otherwise it will be displayed some mysterious things.
Q/R/L means BestQualitime/BestRacetime/LastLaptime.
No sectortimes can be displayed.
The current times have eventuell a small rounding error 0.01s difference.
The current times will announce invalid laps too. Thats the reason for some exceptional values in practice.
Maybe sometimes it's possible to add the total fastest laptime, but not at the moment...

@Andre: Maybe sometimes your first pont will be real, but the other things are too much to me...
It's time to make a cut with the replaydirector development.

BR Olaf

André
01-11-18, 13:19
That’s understandable Olaf! :-)

Great news that the times are now working. Will test this as soon as possible.

Thank you again for all your hard work! Much appreciated :-)

BR, André

Dag_J
01-11-18, 14:46
Thank you Olaf , this is work you should have gotten paid for. Instead all you get is a :thumbup: and a :clap:, hardly seems fair.. Good job man , well done and we are very much obliged and thankful. Funny thing about youtube , I wathced some dude who had a race sim channel where all I saw were lame videos about him rambling about games like Forza and such and this dude had 1,6 MILLION subscribers.. we got 20.. :confused:. Lol , we had 21 but we got a thumbs down and lost a sub after the Road America race. :think:

On a sidenote , we have a new arrival for next season , possibly before. A guy called Robert Fleurke ,I think he is from Holland or something.I Asked him if he had driven GPL before and he said "yes" so I guess there is no harm in letting him try a race. Who knows , he might be pretty good. ;)

snafu
02-11-18, 17:19
Agreed, The work spent on this can only help keep GPL in the spotlight. The only other live stream I watch without fail is the GSRC Lotus 49 challenge (IRacing). Mainly because there is a driver (Mick Claridge) who briefly flirted with oAo and GPL earlier this year but the schedule unfortunately made it impossible for him to race in both leagues. Here's the stream from Zandvort. FF to 50 mins for the end of the race. A great finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MOJyTTBePI&index=9&list=PL2b2Wswly5JlfxzSqWdpfuC7jJSqE7x5o&t=0s

Rob Fleurke?? Yes I think I've heard of him. Thinks he's a bit of a hotshot apparently. :drive1: :laugh:

Welcome Rob, I'll try to keep out of your way.

TTFN
John.

Olaf Lehmann
03-11-18, 09:22
I found a bug (wrong values for last lap).
Now it should work better. Practice is hard to test because the AI drivers stands most time in the pits.

BR Olaf

André
05-11-18, 17:22
I found a bug (wrong values for last lap).
Now it should work better. Practice is hard to test because the AI drivers stands most time in the pits.

BR Olaf

Hi,

I tested the new patch now, and here are my findings.

1. I did find the old patch better in switching to the closest fight during the race(this might also be a coincident, since I only test with AI).
2. I did also find the last lap working better with the old patch.
3. I did not get the times to work. Looked exactly like the old version.
4. At this track the second place driver gets the focus in the start. I guess that has something to do with the starting grid.

You find two streams on our YouTube channel, the oldest being the new version, and the newest being the old version.

BR, André

Olaf Lehmann
05-11-18, 19:15
Hello Andre',
could it be you have used new version of replaydirector and not the new version of pribliveinrelay? The last one you find in your thread under SRMZ/Gpl Request Area...
The very last version is pribliveinreplay_v4a. I have upload it 10 minutes before now. Now I have added a forth value. It displays the difference between the last laptime and the fastest laptime (of the focused driver). If this value is red the last lap was faster, if it's green it was slower.
And I have fixed a problem if you pressed Button F4 (tire display). In this case gpl was crashing. Now the tire code is disabled.

After the last race I have made no changes at replaydirector. So what you wrote under 1. and 2. have only to do with the unnaturally KI driving.

3. Would it also be possible, let's say two/three times during the race to switch to the nearest camera for a given duration(one or two laps)?

You have bearing through the camera parameters in replaydirector. What value have you used for middle distance camera? I think in case of using 41 (8m - 32m) the camera will be switch very fast back to onboard view after every overtaking .
If you want some changings between tv1 and onboard I recommend 42 (32m - 128m) and maybe choice tv1 for far distance camera.
If you want at the beginning (after the very first lap) much onboard view and later in the race more tv1 view then I think 41 vor middle distance and a smaller value for far distance (maybe 0043=128m or so) should produce this effect...in most races - I know it's in dependency of the race (every race is different).

BR Olaf

P.S.: Robert Fleurke has participated one or some races in dirtgear cup from Jani fajanko Posta two years before.
As I remember correct he has written after that. DGP works and is interesting and he has recommended to use it for a new league that would trying new things.
Now historicEsports is that league...

André
05-11-18, 20:24
You are correct Olaf! I did not download the new pribluda :doh:

Will do and try again tomorrow.

BR André

PS: Didn't you say that you found a bug in the last lap function? I thought that was the new reply version.:confused:

Pelle_B
06-11-18, 02:23
we had 21 but we got a thumbs down and lost a sub after the Road America race. :think:

What went wrong?...& who?

On a sidenote , we have a new arrival for next season , possibly before. A guy called Robert Fleurke ,I think he is from Holland or something.I Asked him if he had driven GPL before and he said "yes" so I guess there is no harm in letting him try a race. Who knows , he might be pretty good. ;)
He definitely tried GPL a 'little' :rofl1: ...as I see it right now, this can be a battle for the championship between Iestyn & Robert :shades:

Olaf Lehmann
06-11-18, 13:01
PS: Didn't you say that you found a bug in the last lap function? I thought that was the new reply version.:confused:
That was a bug in the new last laptime display (in pribludaliveinreplay).
I have had a look at replaydirector again. My last version is definitively _v6a from 25/10/2018 - before the Salzburg race.
This version is denitively better than the version before.
I think the test livestream doesn't look so good because it were only very short races. After three laps the drivers are very side by side in the last lap. In longer races it should work good.

BR Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
06-11-18, 13:02
-

André
06-11-18, 13:25
Ok!

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
17-11-18, 09:20
Hi,

good news again...some small improvements on pribliveinreplay.

At first a relief in handling for Andre'. It's not more necessary to go to the track for the "livestreamer client". Now the trackpositionboard should be sorted correct without that.
Second improvement also concerning trackpositionboard: Pribluda sometimes displayed drivers which are not in the race anymore, in exemple driver 1historicTV. This drivers shouldn't be displayed anymore in trackpositionboard - but still drivers that are standing at the pits.

Generelly I have to say: I like the livestreams. At the beginning of the livestream improvement I was sceptic. I thought: Have anyone really interest to watch race of us in livetime. Millions are watching real formula one races, but races of virtual people?
My focus was set more to make replays more interesting.
But then I found out: It's only possible to display the pribluda displays in gpl live modus.
So after the last races I don't needed a replay anymore, because especially the leader and trackpositionboard are a fine benefit!

Only some small things could be a bit better in my opinion:

1. It's very hard for me to read the greed writings in the boards.

2. The using of the time difference in trackpositionboard irritates me. Often pribluda displays for the following driver more time difference than the driver behind them and so on.
If I'm on track I use not the time difference view, I use the distance view. In distance view that issues are unknown.

3. I miss the colouring of the new laptime differences. As I understand my code correct the colours from time section in PRIBLUDA.INI should be used?
By the way: Generally I have seen the fastest laptimes seems to be correct (maximal deviation 0.01second as I prognosed). The last laptimes have for some drivers more deviation. I think it has to do with the internet connection of the drivers (in offline racing I see only max 0.01s deviation).
But all in all I think the laptime info is interesting, not 100% perfect but near by the reality.

BR Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
20-11-18, 15:44
2. Would it be possible to ignore drivers that are passed with a large speed difference? Like when a driver crashes/stops next to the track or when standing in the pits, and other cars are passing?

4. Could a different algorithm be applied for the qualifying?Let's say that for qualifying it would pick a active driver and follows him for a period(two/three laps), and then switch randomly to others and follows them for a period.

The quote is from Andre's post from 30/10/2018.

I found the solution to make the practice much better. Now most time in pits standing drivers should be ignored.

New replaydirector_v7 is neccessary...

BR Olaf

Dag_J
20-11-18, 16:56

Dag_J
21-11-18, 21:31
We did a short test today and it worked really well at practice. We are gonna change the colours to white and yellow for the leaderboard and stay with the orange for not on track (practice) or out (race). More tv view tomorrow as well. Should be another step up for the livestream. :thumbup:

Olaf Lehmann
23-11-18, 15:14
I think all in all Aintree livestream was the best of all.

The new updates seems to work like it should and I like that we have a bit more tv1 view.

It's a pity that the red time difference colour is so hard to read. Maybe we should try yellow (because yellow is good to see in track position and leaderboard)?

If the leaderboard displayes the laptimes now it's easy to read, but I'm a bit confused 'cause it's the same colour like the normal leaderboard info. My idea is to prepaire pribluda so that it displays the laptimes all in the same colour like the focused driver (yellow), not like the leader anymore. What you say Andre' and Dag?

The third point I have seen is: Sometimes the focus changed very often between the leader (Dag) and other drivers. I think there is a way to avoid this: I think the difference between both values for the distances to set the focus to the leader is to big. I don't know which values you used, Andre' but my idea would be to increase the higher value. That's the value that is original set to 1543. Or increasing the higher value a bit and decreasing the lower value (in original 8042) a bit.

BR Olaf

Dag_J
23-11-18, 16:15
I think all in all Aintree livestream was the best of all. - I agree.

It's a pity that the red time difference colour is so hard to read. Maybe we should try yellow (because yellow is good to see in track position and leaderboard)?
- :thumbup:

If the leaderboard displayes the laptimes now it's easy to read, but I'm a bit confused 'cause it's the same colour like the normal leaderboard info. My idea is to prepaire pribluda so that it displays the laptimes all in the same colour like the focused driver (yellow), not like the leader anymore. What you say Andre' and Dag? - Double :thumbup: for me.

Dag_J
24-11-18, 13:08
Concerning the lap time box : is it possible to add a + or a - to the time difference number f ex + 00.00.57? Or add text at all? A "sec" behind the number f. ex?

Is it possible to highlight the letters Q\R\L and change them from practice to race? Yellow Q in practice with a grey R and vice versa in the race f ex.

Olaf Lehmann
28-11-18, 13:46
Hi,

Concerning the lap time box : is it possible to add a + or a - to the time difference number f ex + 00.00.57? Or add text at all? A "sec" behind the number f. ex?

Selfmade should be a sign before the difference time, but I would remember you Dag I haven't the pribluda code. Most programmers would say: "There is no way to change anything if I don't have the code."
Programming without code is like swimming in bitumen. For some things the charge would be extraordinary. The sign problem is such a thing.

Is it possible to highlight the letters Q\R\L and change them from practice to race? Yellow Q in practice with a grey R and vice versa in the race f ex.
The highlighting of Q/R/L is another of such things. It's not possible.
But I have added the possibility to make the qualitimes grey during the race. It's adjustable with the value BestLapColour in the times section in PRIBLUDA.INI. In the INI file in my programm folder is an exemple that could be readable in the stream.

My own idea to make the laptimes view in leaderboard yellow was too different. I have underestimated the problem.
The only solution to make the laptime view different from the normal leaderboard view I see is to make the leaderboardcolour in leaderboard section a bit different from the normal view like

leaderDriverColour=0xffc0ff

So it should be readable and the spectator notices when the display changes.

I have added to the times view in race a line that displays the fastest laptime in the race (before that in qualification we have seen the best lap in leaderboard, but not the fastest race lap).
It seems to be some seconds delay after crossing start/finish line, but principially it works...I think.

BR Olaf

André
06-12-18, 21:51
Hi Olaf,
Today I had some problems with the livestream patch.
At the start of qualifying it did not switch to any of the cars on track, before I manually switch to one driver.
It did also pick up guys in the pit, and it got stuck if anyone crashed when they were in focus. luckily I had crashed too, so I could resolve it by switching to a driver manually.
BR André

Olaf Lehmann
07-12-18, 14:29
Hi Andre',

if anyone in the focus is crashing the focus stays on the crashed driver after he has made ESC/Enter? And if you choice another driver manually after that the patch works again? Have I understand right?

Hmmm, normally the focus should change latest after ESC/Enter.
I have two ideas, but I'm not sure that would be the reason.
1. Maybe the livestream client looses the live mode. I have seen very seldon it happens. Without any reason gpl hangs for a moment and suddenly the replay is in the past and the live button is to see.
2. Replaydirector_livestream has an Off switcher (Clicking << in replay controller for two times) Have you clicked fast backward?

But probably non of the both points are the reason.
In this case I should have a look of the code, but meanwhile the code is hard comprehensible.

BR Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
09-12-18, 08:55
Hi Andre' again,

I had a look at the code and I have found an issue. If a driver leaved the track (after a crash) and the smallest distance of the nearest drivers was in the tolerance area between switching to the nearest driver or the leader replaydirector have done nothing. So in this case the focus stayed on the driver that have leaved the track until the moment the nearest distance would be outside the tolerance area. It could take some seconds.
I have fixed this issue.

At the start of qualifying it did not switch to any of the cars on track, before I manually switch to one driver.

That's a flaw of replaydirector. It has two reasons:
1. Replaydirector reacts only if at minimum two drivers are on track.
2. RD uses in practice the same technology like in race. So in (about) the most time of first minute of practice nothing happens.
I think it should be not a big problem because it's only the beginning of practice.

What I have noticed otherwise...I see above from the laptime view half inside and half outside of the screen some lines. Normally it should disappear if you use this lines in the times part of your PRIBLUDA.INI:

showIdealLap = 0
showBestLap = 0
showLastLap = 0
showCurrentLap= 1
useOldSectorTimeFormat = 0

And...you don't like the new best laptime view?

BR Olaf

André
10-12-18, 20:53
That’s good news Olaf.

The issue at the start of qualifying was that it did not switch to any of the cars automatically. I’m aware of the fact that we need to be more than one, that’s why me and Dag always goes to the track at start of qualifying.

Maybe it was just something at the Glen.

When it comes to the times, I have an issue using your settings. If I do then I can’t use pribluda.ini to adjust the horizontal position of the time box. That’s only possible when I have all lines switch on.

I will test the the new version together with Dag.

BR André

André
30-12-18, 05:22
Hi Olaf,
I think it would be good to extend the “Follow the leader in the start” setting to 90 sec.
BR André

Olaf Lehmann
04-01-19, 15:33
Hello Andre',

such an high value isn't an Advantage under all circumstances.
In this "follow the leader time" the focus stays definitively at the leader. If the leader will damage this engine at the start the focus would stay for 45 seconds after moving the green flag at the leader. In this time a lot of action could happen.
But I have seen the value was only 50s. I have increased it to 60s.

BR Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
11-01-19, 15:13
It sounds that the livestream problem wasn't determinated by replaydirector but in the Mexico race I have seen an anomaly with the newest replaydirector version.
Before Mexico I had choiced the replaydirector_livestream during the race without any problem. At Mexico (with version7a) my gpl process crashed sometimes if I was gone to track.
After Mexico I have tested this version again. It seems gpl crashes only if the client goes to track. So it should be no problem for the "livestreamer".
It's only I hint for you Andre': Have it in the background of your mind for the case of an unexpected crashing of the "livestreamer client gpl.exe": In this case go back to version7.

BR Olaf

André
25-01-19, 10:46
Hi Olaf,

Could you take a look at the livestream code, because I think something changed when you corrected the error we saw in Watkins, where the camera was stuck on a driver that resigned.

The version we had before that fix was almost perfect when I came to ingnoring people in the pits as other cars passed, and also on ignoring crashed cars as others passed.

Any chance we can get that functionality back?

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
26-01-19, 09:04
Hi André,

I watched the complete race and the most part of the qualify livestream. I'm not sure if something is worser than before.
Can you give me one or more example(s)?

By the way...I think it was a good idea to increase the "leader time" after the start of the race to increase by 10 seconds.

BR Olaf

André
26-01-19, 09:42
Here are some examples

When a car on the track drive past car standing in the pit, or if a car on the track drives past a car that has spun of track the camera should not change.

When the speed difference is high it would be better to just follow the car that has the focus.

Also during qualifying it would be better to follow drivers at least a lap or two before changing to a different driver.

And the thing was that this worked well in version we had during Watkins Glen, before you fixed the issue that the camera got stuck at a driver that had retired.

Olaf Lehmann
27-01-19, 06:39
When a car on the track drive past car standing in the pit, or if a car on the track drives past a car that has spun of track the camera should not change.

When the speed difference is high it would be better to just follow the car that has the focus.

Also during qualifying it would be better to follow drivers at least a lap or two before changing to a different Driver.

These "exemples" are very "concrete". :naughty:

And the thing was that this worked well in version we had during Watkins Glen, before you fixed the issue that the camera got stuck at a driver that had retired.

What's the problem? Why don't you change back to the Watkins version and increase the leader focus time after the start (see sequence 10)?

André
29-01-19, 09:53
Hi Olaf,

I can switch back to the version used at Aintree and Watkins Glen, but that version do not cointain this fix:

Hi Andre' again,

I had a look at the code and I have found an issue. If a driver leaved the track (after a crash) and the smallest distance of the nearest drivers was in the tolerance area between switching to the nearest driver or the leader replaydirector have done nothing. So in this case the focus stayed on the driver that have leaved the track until the moment the nearest distance would be outside the tolerance area. It could take some seconds.
I have fixed this issue.

BR Olaf

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
30-01-19, 12:47
Hallo André,
yesterday evening I have had a second look at the Surfer livestream.
After that I'm 99% sure that all what you don't like in the stream would happen too if you had used the "Watkins version".

Also during qualifying it would be better to follow drivers at least a lap or two before changing to a different driver.

No version of replaydirector have such an algorhythm...and no version in the future will have such things.
Replaydirector is made to display overlappings/collissions and so on.
If the focus stays for a lap or longer in this time such interesting things would be ignored.
If the patch would ignore high speed differences such stupid actions like from me at Watkins (as I came back to the track without any regardness) wouldn't be in the stream, but such things absolutely should be in the stream.
Sometimes it seems to me you would have the squaring of the circle. :think:

Please pay attention to details. If the cars are rolling in the pitlane it's not the same as standing. An exemple you can see that the standing cars are ignored you see at about 24:45 missing qualification time.
And in order to avoid this request: If cars would be ignored if they are slower than let's say 30 km/h woulit wouldn't be good in case of collissions. The visitors would see the consequences of the collission, they won't have a 30km/h leaving.
But why you have the feeliong the newer code is more worse than the old one?
1. Every race is different. In one race could be 20 focus changes in another race could be 120 changes with the same code.
2. We was more participants than at Watkins or Aintree. Because that more often someone is rolling in the pitlane.
3. In 2019 we have only 30min qualification. In case of 60min the drivers are relaxed. Often they are standing in the pits. With 30min they are nerveous: They are clicking at the green flag, rolling on, then they see fast driver(s) crosses start/finish, they are braking a bit and waiting, but rolling and rolling and rolling. And rolling isn't the same as standing.
If you still think the older version is better than the new change back, but I wouldn't recommend this. Think about it: The quote from myself in your last post isn't a joke.

By the way...in my sight in need of improvement is this: If you see a real race in TV and there are two fighting groups the first and second and let's say the eleventh and twelfth: The human replay director would swith in most cases to the first group. In my patch all drivers are equal. I think about a solution for this since two months, but it's difficult and I'm not sure if I find the solution. In theory all is clear but practically it's not so easy.

Last point: I miss the fastest laptime in the race display. For me it seems you use simple a wrong value (outside of the display) in TIMES section in PRIBLUDA.INI and don't use the last pribludahack. Have you tried the TIMES section from my PRIBLUDA.INI?

BR Olaf

André
30-01-19, 14:17
Thank you for the respons Olaf.

Now I have a better understanding of how the livestream patch works.

I really liked your idea on moving between the different groups of fights.

Not hundred percent sure what you mean with the fastest times missing.
The main reason for not using your TIMES settings, is beacuse I do not display the whole screen, and to be able to position the times where I want in height, I need to use a different setting, as the new mothode can’t be positioned anywhere else than at the top of the screen.

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
30-01-19, 16:44
Here you see the fastlap line above from the normal times line:

http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/fastlap.jpg (http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/fastlap.jpg)

André
30-01-19, 19:07
Is this also the second line from the bottom when all line are activated?
Because I need to have them all activated to be able to move the times down and in to the part of the screen that I broadcast.

Br André

Olaf Lehmann
31-01-19, 13:49
It should work in your case too.
In quali and until the end of the first race lap you should have only one line - the known focus driver laptimes.
A moment after the first drivers have finished the first race lap you get two lines: above the short total fastlaptime line and underneath the focus driver laptime line.

Maybe you don't use pribinlivereplay_v5a, pribluda.dll from 27.11.2018?

André
04-02-19, 11:34
Could you post a picture where you have positioned the line 5 cm down from the top of the screen, and tell me your settings. I can't get that to work.

Olaf Lehmann
04-02-19, 20:32
I think I have found the solution for the problem. In PRIBLUDA.INI stands in the the times section this line:

Y= 0, but before and after the = have to be a space.

If you change this line to

Y = 50
the value works, you can position the times where you want.

BR Olaf

By the way...in my sight in need of improvement is this: If you see a real race in TV and there are two fighting groups the first and second and let's say the eleventh and twelfth: The human replay director would swith in most cases to the first group. In my patch all drivers are equal. I think about a solution for this since two months, but it's difficult and I'm not sure if I find the solution. In theory all is clear but practically it's not so easy.

I was faster than I thought with that. I'm already in testing phase.

Dag_J
04-02-19, 20:48
Thats great news Olaf , more goodies.

Ive been driving the Assetto Corsa 67 mod for a few weeks now and even joined a league allthough its not going very well. They livestream the races and have commentary but they have to switch manually between the cars to capture the action and in my mind the rpy patch is miles above in what it can deliver compared to "manual production". Ofc it depends a little on how we drive , a well driven race by many will produce a good stream and when and if we are off alot it automatically looks a little more messy with a lot of switching etc. This new feature will make it way better so great news.

Top notch. :thumbup:

Olaf Lehmann
05-02-19, 06:27
So. The "discrimination algorhythm" :naughty: is ready.
Before that all drivers was equal. When the focus changed it switch to the two drivers with the smallest distance.
Now this distance will be manipulated in dependency of the overall driven distance of the drivers in race.
In exemple:
For drivers in the near of the leader the distance will muliplied with a value like about 0,9.
The distance values of drivers like me that are in lap ten 60 seconds back or in lap 30 overlapped for two times will multiplied with about 1.5.
So the faster drivers should be much more visible than before.

BR Olaf

Thank you Dag!

André
05-02-19, 08:55
Wow! I'm impressed :-)

Then we will download the new version and test it before the race on Thursday.

And thank you for the pribluda.ini resolution, this will also be tested before the next race.

BR André

André
07-02-19, 14:24
I think I have found the solution for the problem. In PRIBLUDA.INI stands in the the times section this line:
Y= 0
, but before and after the = have to be a space.

If you change this line to:
Y = 50

the value works, you can position the times where you want.

BR Olaf

Still no luck in getting the one line option to be placed anywhere else than in the top of the screen.

These are my settings:

[times]
show = 1
X = 700
Y = 70
defaultColour = 0xffffff
bestSectorColour = 0x00ff00
bestCurrentSectorColour = 0x0000ff
showIdealLap = 0
showBestLap = 0
showLastLap = 0
showCurrentLap = 1

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
07-02-19, 15:55
I tried it on my new PC and have the same result like you.

But I found out this works:

[times]
show = 0
X = 220
Y = 40
defaultColour = 0xffffff
bestSectorColour = 0xb0b0b0
bestCurrentSectorColour = 0x00ffff
showIdealLap = 1
showBestLap = 0
showLastLap = 0
showCurrentLap= 1

showIdealLap= 1

in combination with

showCurrentLap= 1

works.

André
07-02-19, 16:37
Thanks!

Then we do a live stream test now.
Can you join and test it with me?

Br André

André
07-02-19, 16:59
Olaf,

Displaying the ideal times looked a bit strang

Br André

Olaf Lehmann
07-02-19, 17:36
I know,

I mean you can activate Idealtime and position the times board so that the idealtimes are in live replay out of sight?

Olaf Lehmann
10-02-19, 12:45
In the Westwood livestream I have watched the practice for a longer time than the others.
So I saw as many times the focus was on slow driving people: Drivers that leave the pits or drivers in the first slow lap out of the pits.
I think now the practice should be much better.
In the versions before version 8a in all cases the focus changes in the moment when a car passes an other. Now the focus doesn't change in practice (except two drivers leaves the pit at the same time) and it doesn't change in race in case of overlapping.
It means: Before an overlapping monouvre the focus will be set before the overlapping to the "overlapper"(the faster driver) and stays after the overlapping at the faster driver.
Only when the two cars are in the same racelap the focus will changing in the moment of passing.

By the way I have increased the "discrimination factor" from the last version a bit.
BR Olaf

Dag_J
11-02-19, 11:39
This sounds like great news Olaf. Three thumbs up. :thumbup:

Olaf Lehmann
10-04-19, 14:34
Since some races I was asking myself why the director sets the focus at myself when I was overlapped from Andre' or anyone else. Usually in case of overlappings the focus should be set at the fast driver and stay on it if he has passed the slower driver.
Now - after Rouen - I have had a look at the code again...and at last I found the bug.
So I have made v9 of the patch.

And why I was at developing I have implemented a suggestion from André. In the last lap will be tv1 view in generally.
Furthermore - to bring more variety in the streams - now every 8th lap is in tv1 view.

All in all it means the first, 9th, (17th, 25th*) and the last lap is in tv1 view.

* if the race is long enough

BR Olaf

André
10-04-19, 23:10
This was exciting news, Olaf!

Great job!

I will download and test the new version before the next race.

Just a thought! Would it be better to have the tv1 view set to a percentage of the completed laps instead of every ninth?
Let’s say at 25%, 50%, and 75% laps completed.
Then we will get this more than once also for the longer tracks.

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
11-04-19, 17:47
I thought you don't like much tv1 view, because it seems you use value 41 for middle distance. So most time we have onboard view. So I was afraid to bring more tv view in the streams.
Now it come in mind that I can make it adjustable. Quote from readme for specialists:

With the seventh sequence you can determinate when you have tv1 view in generally (default is 06):
06 = tv1 view in the first, second, 9th, 10th, 17th, 18th...and son on...and in the last lap
07 = tv1 view in the first, 9th, 17th ...and son on...and in the last lap
03 = tv1 view in the first, 5th, 9th, 13th, 17th, 21th...and son on...and in the last lap
01 = tv1 view in the first, 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th...and son on...and in the last lap

04 = tv1 view in the first, second, 3th, 4th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th...and son on...and in the last lap

My favourite is 06. It's now the default value.

By the way I should mention: In the other laps we have not all the time onboard view. In the other laps the normal algorhythm works like before. Only in the listed laps we have under all circumstances tv1 view.

Dag_J
11-04-19, 21:06
This sounds great Olaf. :thumbup: The amount of on board is not so much due to personal preference as its about the slight stutter in the image that gets more noticeable in tv view contra on board view. Especially going sideways. Its an unavoidable lag due to external connections so thats why we have gone with more on board. I like the tv view personally.

One thing we have thought about is to do a re stream with the server replay after the live event is done. If we had a rpy director and prib version that worked more or less the same offline as online we could restream it and it would be in even better quality and have a much better flow to it.

André
11-04-19, 21:33
Thanks Olaf,

This looks great. Now we have the option to select different profiles for different tracks.

BR André

Olaf Lehmann
16-04-19, 12:33
The amount of on board is not so much due to personal preference as its about the slight stutter in the image that gets more noticeable in tv view contra on board view. Especially going sideways. Its an unavoidable lag due to external connections so thats why we have gone with more on board. I like the tv view personally.

One thing we have thought about is to do a re stream with the server replay after the live event is done. If we had a rpy director and prib version that worked more or less the same offline as online we could restream it and it would be in even better quality and have a much better flow to it.

No way to make the prib displays visible in (saved) replays.

For me the quality of the tv1 view is acceptable.
How many pictures per second have the streams? 30?

BR Olaf

Dag_J
16-04-19, 13:55
Not sure but I think its 60 fps.

Im all aboard with more tv view myself , produces some variation and thats always nice. So no worries.

Olaf Lehmann
23-05-19, 16:00
Hello,

because sometimes it happens that (above of the laptime infos) the wrong idealline values are displayed I have changed the pribluda.dll.
Now the wrong ideal values shouldn't be visible anymore AND the right time values can be placed everywhere you wont, André.
It's only neccessary to replace the pribluda.dll. You find it in subfolder of replaydirector.

BR Olaf

Dag_J
09-06-19, 16:54
Thumbs up Olaf. Its been a busy couple of weeks and a lack of testing has meant that the livestream has suffered for it with boxes out of place but we will make sure its back on track before Dijon. :thumbup:

André
28-10-19, 06:05
Hi Olaf!
Is there any possibility to display the tire wear for the driver in focus?
Br
André

Olaf Lehmann
28-10-19, 14:45
Hi Andrę,
it's unpossible. Wear values will be not tranfered from client to server.

BR Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
18-12-19, 13:51
A small christmas present:
In the last stream Jani was reasoned by real live for some laps out of the race and was standing in the pits. In this time the focus changes evrey time when a driver passes start/finish. It was very often.
Now drivers which are standing should be ignored after a short time like in practice.

BR and Happy Christmas
Olaf

Pelle_B
18-12-19, 14:42
A small christmas present:
In the last stream Jani was reasoned by real live for some laps out of the race and was standing in the pits. In this time the focus changes evrey time when a driver passes start/finish. It was very often.
Now drivers which are standing should be ignored after a short time like in practice.

BR and Happy Christmas
Olaf
:xpresent::xthumbsup::xmastree1:

Dag_J
18-12-19, 16:46
Thank you Olaf. :D

And merry Christmas and a happy new year to all. :hohoho:

Dag_J
01-01-20, 15:31
Quick question : Does anybody know where I can get the BRM skin that Claudio drives in this clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWGLCUg3ndk

Pelle_B
08-01-20, 22:29
Quick question : Does anybody know where I can get the BRM skin that Claudio drives in this clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWGLCUg3ndk
No idea…maybe because I 'almost' never use it. :D
I use them from GPLEA (https://gplea.autosimsport.net/), but had a hard time finding the site & when I found it, the download links are dead :(
More lucky here at SRMZ (http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=3816), don't know if it's the right one you're looking for :think:

Dag_J
08-01-20, 22:52
I got them from Claudio in the end so no problem. He has a cooper that looks really nice. Good to have to change it up in the livestream at some point.

Pelle_B
08-01-20, 23:22
Great :thumbup:
My BRM from GPLEA 'Green'...the update is Blue ?
http://www.gpl1967.dk/GPL/Pics/1967cars/McLarenHonda/1stSkins/McLarenHonda1.jpg

André
18-04-20, 03:40
Hi Olaf,

We are no longer focusing on the pole sitter in the start. Do you know the reason for that?

And a couple of other question: Can we focus on guys going in to the pits and stay with them for 5-10 seconds? Both on the way in and out. I’m not sure but it might give even more dynamics to the
stream.

When we end up with races like Dundrod with larger gaps between the drivers. Could we have some rotation between them in the stream. Now the focus is always on the leader until the last lap.

These are just some thought an early Saturday morning :-)

Br
André

Olaf Lehmann
18-04-20, 11:53
Hi Andrč,

These are just some thought an early Saturday morning :-)

In this crazy time I often sleep very bad or awake early too…:O

We are no longer focusing on the pole sitter in the start. Do you know the reason for that?

Yes, I noticed that. I tried yesterday evening to find out why. But it's difficult. Now...an halv year later I don't understand my own code anymore.
Today I had a look at older streams. At El Pinar on 17/10/2019 it works definitiv. It seems since the last changing in december 2019 the focus stays on the last active driver in quali.

And a couple of other question: Can we focus on guys going in to the pits and stay with them for 5-10 seconds? Both on the way in and out. I’m not sure but it might give even more dynamics to the
stream.

The reason for the december changing was a very long standing of Jani in then pits. So for ten minutes or so the focus swapped there and back every time when a driver comes along the pits.
Because of the fact such extreme situations are very rarely maybe it would be better to go back to the version before. In this version the focus stays longer on standing drivers. It has an effect in the direction of your wishes.
Selfmade not all pitstop will be displayed, but this would be too complex and otherwise during pitstops can happen more exciting things which we don't want miss.

When we end up with races like Dundrod with larger gaps between the drivers. Could we have some rotation between them in the stream. Now the focus is always on the leader until the last lap.

It's to complex too to bring it to work together with the other code.
But you can do a lot with changing of the variables. With setting of the fifth and sixth sequence values you can adjust a lot.
The standard value for changing to the leader is 152metres and it switches back in case of 64m. If you have 10 drivers in the race at a 4000m track the average distance between the drivers would be 400m. Because of the fact that it is untypical that all drivers will have the same distance it has a high possibility that the leader rarely becomes the focus. It's different if you have a track longer than 10km. In this case it's better to increase the values maybe to 300 and 150m (please don't set both values to equal values - if the differnce is too less the focus will switch there and back to often between leader and nearest-by-drivers).
I think on most tracks (near by 5000m tracks) the standard value are not bad.
Selfmade the number of participants has an effect too. If you have 18 drivers the leader will be rarely becomes the focus than with 9 drivers. Or the difficulty of the track. At a difficult track the possibility is high that you have after an halv hour less People on track...and then you will have often the leader in focus.
With the fifth and sixth value you can manage a lot.

A thing that maybe be possible is a message in pribluda when a driver stops, maybe the name of the driver in leaderboard/trackposition board is flickering or so. This could be possible.

BR Olaf

André
18-04-20, 16:55
Ok!

I will try out different settings for parameter 5 and 6. A good idea to try to differentiate on short and long tracks.

I liked your suggestion to try to visualise pitstops in pribluda. Let’s try that before reverting to how pitstops were before The Jani fix

Br
André

Olaf Lehmann
23-04-20, 08:38
The new pitstop add seems to work offline now.
The idea behind is simple: When a driver drives too slow (< 7km/h)the name of the driver in trackposition board is blinking. So it definitivly happens if the driver make a pitstop. If a driver have a crash sometimes he is very slow too. In this case it blinks also - most times shorter not 15 seconds like in case of pitstop - except he is hanging in straw balls or so.

If seems at this time it doesn'tr work online. To find out what's wrong I need the Server which IP adress I know. Unfortunately at this time HIES Server isn't online..

BR Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
24-04-20, 07:27
Ah...server is back...

Now new "livestreamer" pribluda should work online too.
I forgot to say: Only in race - not in quali - it blinks.

André: You can find the new pribluda file in replaydirector subfolder.
And I have putted the older replaydirector_livestream.xml in the main folder. In this version the focus should change at the start to a criver in front row.

P.S.: This prubluda version in replaydirector folder is only for livestream client - not for drivers.
I have included this new feature to the normal pribluda for drivers (which is the version you find in dirtgearpatch folder) too. But I wouldn't recommend to change to the new version at this time. I'll test it at first in next race by myself.
But I see no problems I would recommend to use it later, because you will see during racing when other make a pitstop.

Dag_J
24-04-20, 08:46

André
24-04-20, 11:37
Ah...server is back...

Now new "livestreamer" pribluda should work online too.
I forgot to say: Only in race - not in quali - it blinks.

André: You can find the new pribluda file in replaydirector subfolder.
And I have putted the older replaydirector_livestream.xml in the main folder. In this version the focus should change at the start to a criver in front row.

P.S.: This prubluda version in replaydirector folder is only for livestream client - not for drivers.
I have included this new feature to the normal pribluda for drivers (which is the version you find in dirtgearpatch folder) too. But I wouldn't recommend to change to the new version at this time. I'll test it at first in next race by myself.
But I see no problems I would recommend to use it later, because you will see during racing when other make a pitstop.

Great news Olaf,

I will download and test it.

Br
André

André
01-05-20, 07:30
My bad Olaf.

I did not copy in the new pribluda from the subfolder. I only copied in the old livestream.xml

Br
André

Olaf Lehmann
01-05-20, 15:57
I have tested the new normal pribluda for drivers yesterday. I had seen Dag outside the track and 30 seconds later he blinks. So I knew he had this car damaged and made a repair stop.
But it was not perfect. I have seen a small bug. Normally after joing before the race starts all drivers should blinking, but only two had done this. So I think not in every cases the blinking was working.
I fixed this bug today and uploaded the new "liverstreamer" version into replaydirector (and the version for drivers into dirtgearfolder). So Andrč, please use the new version from 1th of May.

BR Olaf

Dag_J
01-05-20, 16:09
I have a question concerning the feature of following the leader to the checkered flag and then shifting backwards. Can this be adjusted to 100+m after the finishline before it shifts to the next position?

Gotten some feedback that it looks kinda odd that we dont really get to see the winner across the line , small detail and no biggie. Something to tinker with on a rainy day maybe..

Olaf Lehmann
03-05-20, 08:15
@Dag: I'm unsure if can bring the "100m after the finishline" addon to work without too much "brain damaging". I'll think about it.

@Andrč: I'm wondering again: Before the start of the riverside race the Focus don't changed to the front row again. If I understand correct you have used the old livestream version.
Yesterday I tried the old and the new version from december out. Both versions works here offline like it should. And I have tested online what I could test: I started a race as a host with AI drivers. It works too.

It's a miracle for me.
To bring light in the darkness: Before November or so I saw correct working streams. Have you any ideas: Was there any changes in livestreamer installation or server installation (new patches used or something else) since autumn or winter 2019?

BR Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
04-05-20, 17:56
Ahhh:doh:! I think now I understand. I was unconcentrated as I was uploading replaydirector last week. I have uploaded the old folder again. So the version you had used at Riverside was the was like before (December version), Andrč.

Now the correct version should be uploaded. It means the version from last year, but with a brand new addict. It's the idea from Dag. The focus stays after the last overriding of the finishline for a moment (average 2 seconds) at the leader (and the following drivers too).

BR Olaf

André
04-05-20, 21:08
Great news Olaf,

Then we should be all set for the next race :-)

Br André

Dag_J
05-05-20, 17:24

André
14-05-20, 16:23
Hi Olaf,

In the for specialists document both of these have 3 as a value:

03 = tv1 view in the first, 5th, 9th, 13th, 17th, 21th...and son on...and in the last lap
03 = tv1 view in the first, 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th...and son on...and in the last lap

What is the correct value?

And in the newly added replaydirector_livestream.xml I miss this section:

<BinaryPatch>
<VirtualAddress>0x00474C07</VirtualAddress>
<Data>83E3 03 85DBC3</Data>
</BinaryPatch>

Can I just paste it in?

Br
André

Olaf Lehmann
14-05-20, 17:59
And in the newly added replaydirector_livestream.xml I miss this section:

<BinaryPatch>
<VirtualAddress>0x00474C07</VirtualAddress>
<Data>83E3 03 85DBC3</Data>
</BinaryPatch>

Can I just paste it in?[/LEFT]]

No.

Olaf Lehmann
14-05-20, 19:46
Unfortunately I have seen your post at four minutes before 20CET, André.

Yes, the missing sequence had lost this place. I will bring it back to the old place that you can manage it again.
And yes, I see there are some typos in the readme for specalists. I need some concentration to correct it. I'll change it.
I let you know if I have sorted out what the values means. I forgot it.

Another hint: The new blinking of names of the stopping drivers in trackposition board works only if you use distance, not time difference in this board.

BR Olaf

Olaf Lehmann
15-05-20, 14:47
Now I have sorted it out. Now this should be written in readme:

With the seventh sequence you can determinate when you have tv1 view in generally (default is 06):
06 = tv1 view in the first, second, 9th, 10th, 17th, 18th...and so on...and in the last lap
07 = tv1 view in the first, 9th, 17th ...and so on...and in the last lap
03 = tv1 view in the first, 5th, 9th, 13th, 17th, 21th...and so on...and in the last lap
01 = tv1 view in the first, 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th...and so on...and in the last lap

André
16-05-20, 12:57
Thanks Olaf,

This time I will do a proper test a couple of days before the race.

Br
André

Olaf Lehmann
16-05-20, 19:51
A hint for the test: If the new pitstop blinking works the driver names in trackpositionboard have to blink if the cars are standing in the start row in the stream.

Olaf Lehmann
27-05-20, 15:43
Hi Andre',

Brno49 is a very long track again. I would recommend to change the fifth and sixth sequence like this:

<BinaryPatch>
<VirtualAddress>0x00476743</VirtualAddress>
<Data>66817E02 9843 78188B46F4EB34</Data>
</BinaryPatch>
<BinaryPatch>
<VirtualAddress>0x00476763</VirtualAddress>
<Data>66817E02 4843 0F8933090000C3</Data>
</BinaryPatch>

Otherwise we would have too often the leader I think.

It seems in the last stream a time line in the middle was cutted off?

BR Olaf

André
27-05-20, 16:26
Thanks Olaf,

I will add this to the livestream file.

Regarding the last stream I did not notice a cut when I watched, but I have had some issues with it. It got stuck in the editor, and I have sent a request to Youtube to fix it. It might some issues there. That's why I haven't been able to cut out the first part.

Br
André